Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Re: what do you guys think of the ordinary pruducts for sensitve dry skin?

@ali3011couple notes on the different ingredients 

• Mandelic Acid is a great choice for an AHA its the most gentle of them all although I don't know if 10% might be irritating just due to the %
  • Not sure if you need two face oils but squalane mimics what's in your skin already so its less cause irritation
  • I know Niacinamide is recommended for only oily people but it can be fantastic for all. One thing though it is in SO MANY serums, toners and moisturizers now that you'll likely get its benefits without having to purchase this particular product. Its also shown to be effective at as rates as low as 2%. I always recommend the ordinary first because its a cheaper product so you can see if that active causes you any irritation but you can also mix it into your moisturizer to dilute it a bit and make it more hydrating.

ohh ok that makes a lot of sense, One of the team members told me that the squalene was light so i thought i might buy it but your right about the irritation. I'll probably try just one product for now. Thank you for ur advice!

Hi @ali3011!

What skin concerns are you trying to target by using those products?  Dullness, redness, wrinkles, etc.?

What products are you currently using?

I don't recommend the The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.  If you look at the "details", it says it targets oiliness, which is not a skin concern for you.

I have oily skin and this product was still super drying.  It not only dried out my face but also my hands.

It looks like The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL and The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL are ok for dry skin, but it doesn't say for sensitive skin so I'd be cautious.  You can see if a product is good for your dry and sensitive skin by looking at the "details" section where it says "skin type".

Also, I wouldn't use all of those products at once.  I would start by using one product and build up tolerance, especially since you have sensitive skin.

okk ill definitely try using only one product at one time, thank you so much for your help!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing