Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

textured skin/acne on forehead!

can anyone recommend any products/exfoliator for my skin! or tips to help this? i have oily skin. currently using the tatcha rice powder in deep as my exfoliator and tatcha deep cleanse as my cleanser. should i be switching up my routine? any recommendations will be appreciated 🙂

Re: textured skin/acne on forehead!

Hi @TiyaH24 ! I love Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliator 177.4 mL , and would also suggest the Paula’s Choice BHA solution, as well as The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Make sure you moisturize and wear sunscreen every day. Many people don’t know this, but wearing SPF every day is so important for taking care of your skin, evening skin tone, and preventing aging as well as skin related diseases like skin cancer. Let me know if you have any questions, have a wonderful day 😊

The Ordinary Squalane cleanser has saved me when it comes to acne on my forehead (and all over my face to be honest). I use this specifically because I have dry skin. I then apply Niacinamide to specific acne blemishes. But because you have oily skin, you would be a good candidate for INKEY's Salicylic Acid Cleanser. 🙂 

I’d consider doing some research to see if you have fungal acne, because if you do, traditional acne treatments might not work! I’d also suggest investing in a moisturizer if you aren’t already using one, as that will reduce sebum production/oily skin.

Are those the only products you're using, @TiyaH24? No moisturizer or sunscreen?

i’m also using the water cream by tatcha and toner from caudalie

I am sorry you're experiencing that, I hope these recommendations can help

If you are using a new product stop and see if that is the cause,

If it is not there are some great products to help with exfoliating and getting rid of acne. 

The top choice would be the pauls choice BHA tonic )toner in black bottle), Does an excellent job at helping with textured skin as well as breakouts.

Another good option would be the ordinary glycolic acid toner to help exfoliate the skin.

hope this helps

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing