Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

sun screen cream

I need sun screen cream, plz suggest me good product

Re: sun screen cream

I have combination skin and I absolutely love Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen from Sephora. It is smooth and not tacky and I use it as a primer after moisturizer and before foundation. Right now on the Sephora app you can get trial size with rewards points. 

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz / 73.9 mL 

I use Elta MD I get it from dermstore its really good I had small skin cancer on my cheek and my derm recommend it. I hate heavy products on my face it comes in a tinted version no sensitived feeling

@MariaEm42  A good-for-you sunscreen depends a lot on your personal preferences and needs. So, I have a few questions for you: 

1. Do you want a chemical sunscreen or mineral sunscreen? Or does it not matter? (I use both types of sunscreens and a couple of hybrid sunscreens.) 
  2. Is white/grey/purple cast (from mineral sunscreen) an issue for you? Eh, some folks don't have a problem with it. 
  3. Do you prefer a tinted sunscreen? 
  4. What finish do you like? Matte, natural radiant, glowy/dewy, super dewy "glass skin"...? 
  5. Are you skin-sensitive to any particular ingredients? 
  6. Do you need something water-resistant? Maybe you spend lots of time in water, are very active in sports, sweat a lot, or live in a very rainy climate...? 
  7. Do you have a big problem with sunscreens that feel heavy, greasy, or siliconey on your skin? (Some folks dislike Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen because of its silicone feel.) 

That kind of info can help us recommend sunscreens. 🙂 

What is your skin type? Do you also spend a lot of time outdoors? Do you live in a really sunny area? These all play a factor in finding a sunscreen that you will enjoy. It is important to enjoy the sunscreen you are using so you are more inclined to use it! 

My skin type is combination, t-zone gets moderately oily but my cheeks can be dry. Here are my favorites: 

1. Sunday Riley Light Hearted - this stuff is only spf 30 so i use this as my daily. It has a pink tone to it that evens out the skin. It has a white cast and glossy finish at first but rub it in well and the white cast goes away. It dries down semi-matte for me. 

2. Drunk Elephant Umbre Tinte - this stuff is one of my favorite tinted sunscreens. Its 100% mineral sunscreen so if your skin reacts to chemical sunscreens, this is a good choice. Its perfect for those days that you dont want to wear a full face of makeup. I use the O-Bloos with this and it looks amazing. I also sometimes layer light concealer or light foundation over this if I want more coverage. 

3. Supergoop Glow Screen - girl, this is great if you wear powder foundation as a primer and also to make your skin glow and look less flat. I love love this. 

4. Coola Full Spectrum 360 Refreshing Water Cream Organic Face Sunscreen - i use this in the summertime because it is so lightweight. When I first got this, I couldn't believe it was SPF50 by how lightweight and refreshing it was. This really helped me streamline my routine because it served as my moisturizer and my spf! I wish it came in a tube because this is perfect for reapplying sunscreen. 

5. Dr Jart Cicapair Camo Drops - starts out as this greenish white stuff that when blended in matches skin tone. This has a serum consistency that doesn't feel greasy. I alternate this and my drunk elephant as they both impart a tint. This smells a little like tiger balm which I personally like. It takes away redness if you are prone to that. 

Hope this helps!

Try out the Innisfree one. I find it quite effective on not leaving a white cast.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing