Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

skin brightning and scars

i have dry  brown skin with so much dots on it .im looking for somethig that can remove all the dots and bright my skin tone .pls recommend me something very good 

Re: skin brightning and scars

I started having problems with hyperpigmentation and started using The Original skincare brand. I use their chemical exfoliant along with their vitamin C cream and always wear spf 30+ before going outside. I saw a difference within the first week of using it. 

933B52DF-E9B4-40B2-9B38-431845109F9A.jpeg

@sadi07 

Retinol is NOT the only product that will help with dark spots. There are other ingredients that will help minimize discoloration, and help brighten the appearance of your skin.

Vitamin C - a well-known brightener. I like the OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® . If you're looking for something at a lower price-point, Derma E's Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer would be a good choice (There's also a serrum, but you might want the moisturizer, if your skin is dry). You can get that product at ULTA.

AHA's, Glycolic Acid, and/or BHA (salicylic acid). - These acids exfoliate the skin, to remove dead cells, and reveal the newer/brighter skin underneath. The Ole Henriksen Transform line has some good products for this. I use their OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  and OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer . Something at a lower price point is the The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL  - If you go with that, you might want to start slowly, and build up a tolerance.

Niacinamide is another ingredient that can help with discoloration. You could try something like the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Niacinamide Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . A lower-priced option would be The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% .

Final recommendation is a peel. A peel is a more intense application of acids and/or vitamin C, and will provide quicker results.. Some options include Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel , First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 28 Pads . You might also want to watch ULTA - they have an upcoming special on the Philosophy Triple Acid Brightening Peel (50% off on Jan. 15). With a peel, you would want to do a spot test, to make sure you can tolerate it well enough.

Retinol is the most proven product to get rid of brown spots, as it has for me, done wonders! You need to do your research though as you need to wear sunscreen with it, and start at a lower dose. Drunk elephant makes an excellent one but it is the highest dose and one would need to work their way up to the 1%. Liah Yoo on YouTube is a great resource for retinol. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 933B52DF-E9B4-40B2-9B38-431845109F9A.jpeg