Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

pore problem

I have tried so many thinks to shrink or plur pores. can anyone recommend something?? it's near my nose a little on the cheeks.

Re: pore problem

Maybe adding supplements may help too? (Can be a hormonal thing) 

I used Red Carpet and Daily Cleanse and saw significantly less pores after a month of usage (especially around the nose where I have it the most) 

You should try them out!

Re: pore problem

@jennavong I rec FAB Face Cleanser; it is gentle yet effective.  I noticed results immediately - and my friend did as well (I just had to gift it!)  I also think you would benefit from chemical exfoliation from BHA.  Paula's Choice is amazing; it comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  If you need more help, you can see your derm and ask if you are a candidate for Retin-A.

You mentioned you exfoliate throughout the week - which one are you using?

Good luck!

thanks for the tips. im using the body shop vitamin e mic...

thanks for the tips. im using the body shop vitamin e microdermabrasn i also use.orgins clay mask
Anonymous Insider

To clarify, pores are NOT a muscle that has the ability t...

To clarify, pores are NOT a muscle that has the ability to shrink or expand. However, you can minimize the appearance of them by chemically exfoliating.

What have you done so far and what is your skin type?

jennavong wrote:

i use a gentle cleanser at night but exfoliate twice a we...

i use a gentle cleanser at night but exfoliate twice a week , i use a serum at bed time and a sleep mask in the am i only wash my face with water, use a serum and use a mositizer from fresh . i also use a clay mask once a week. my skin is oily t dry everywhere else.
Anonymous Insider

Re: i use a gentle cleanser at night but exfoliate twice a we...

@jennavong

Sorry for getting back to you late.

Do you use a chemical or physical exfoliate?

Clay masks can temporarily minimize the appearance of pores, but they can't technically be a permanent solution. I found one research source about "glycylglycine" refining pores. Shiseido invested on the ingredient with this product, "Ibuki Multi Solution Gel." Salicylic Acid is included in the Gel, which I appreciate since it promotes collagen production and strengthen skin's barrier.

"Perfect Skin Anti-Shine Pore Refiner Gel" by Jenelt is another cheaper alternative.

If you're interested in hiding your pores instead, Titanium Dioxide in either sunscreen/foundation can do that.

BeautyBrains did a brief article covering the myth over pores. They suggest that primary 5 factors that makes pores appear larger are:

1. Skin Debris

2. Excessive Oil

3. Bacterial Growth

4. Sun Exposure

5. Genetics

Sources:

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing