Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

nose blackheads and pores always showing when im wearing foundation

I have really bad black heads and pores on my nose so whenever I wear foundation you can really see them popping out. Is there anyway to make it smoother? I know you can't fully get rid of them unless you see an aesthetician, but I do try to shrink them by using Paula's Choice BHA. I really want to contour my nose, but I feel like my nose would look even worse with more makeup on it! I use NARS longwear foundation, am I just not using a good primer?  

Re: nose blackheads and pores always showing when im wearing foundation

When i have bad pores i use the peace out pore strips and they work really well Peace Out Oil-Absorbing Pore Treatment Strips 

@Duyentran29 My holy grail is the Proactiv Blackhead Dissolving Gel, which I get from Shoppers. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL also has some blackhead fighting ingredient. Have a great day!

Hi!

I suffer from pesky blackheads too 😞 and the ONLY thing that really works for me is this:

philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask 

i apply it a few times a week and scrub it off with water. Finish off with a toner and its made a world of a difference!

Hope this helps 🙂

You need to take care of your skin first instead of trying to cover and hide things.

Also, the more you add to problematic skin, the more it agitates it and makes it worse.

Unfortunately, you really shouldnt use full coverage foundation, you more should hydrate well and cover with a medium foundation to give your skin a break.

About blackheads and pore, when you can you could see a dermatologist, and in the meantime use a gentle exfoliant and cleanser and moistuirzer.

Do not try to dry your skin with drying products, it might only make things worse because then your skin might produce more oil to compensate for the lack of hydration.

Great tips!! 

I would consider laser skin treatments and going to pros every two weeks for extraction. I know it's tempting to cover it all up. But if u want long term results. You need to stop putting on heavy makeup for a little while.  

-Find a good none drying facial cleanser and use it every night for deep cleaning.use facial brush like Clarisonic if u already have one.  (I use Skyn island face wash skyn ICELAND Glacial Face Wash )

-use balancing toner that help exfoliate and balance your skin (I like IT Cosmetics Miracle Water 3-in-1 Micellar Cleanser Mini Confetti Popper  full size) 

-find a good peel for once a week use. Try AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Exfoliating Powder Cleanser 1.76 oz/ 50 g ,Herbivore Prism AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Facial 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  

-drink lots and lots of water everyday!!! This is the most important because it helps with everything!! Your pore would look naturally smaller, less oily!!!  Aim for 60-70oz a day!! 

I have been using the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer and has really helped me to cover my pores before applying the foundation. But if you really want to take care of the underlying problem that will go a long way. I too have a lot of blackheads on my nose area and I generally use a charcoal blackhead patch to get rid of them. Also, use a good extracting tool to gently extract them right after you've used steam to open the pores. This will help you to keep your nose clean of blackheads 🙂

Blackheads= congested skin = lack of hydration.

Remember to use gentle products; exfoliate minimum 2 times a week and always hydrates, and that even if you have oily skin. 

People are scared to moisturize when they have oily skin with issues, but its what the skin needs. Just use gentle products like gels, it will be less scary too.

@Duyentran29 You can try a pore minimizer primer like Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Primer or a blurring one like Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing