Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

niacinamide and vitamin c

i’ve been using the ordinarys niacinamide for years, and i just started using drunk elephants c firma. using the vitamin c at night isn’t an option because i use retinol so i’ve been putting the niacinamide on first, letting it dry then applying the vitamin c. will this be an issue? is it true that the 2 products used together counteract each other? i’ve read sooo many conflicting things!

Re: niacinamide and vitamin c

The ordinary does specifically state that they don’t recommendations  using their Niacidamide products in the same routine as their Vitamin C’s because of the certain way they are formulated. While a lot of people err on the side of caution, if you don’t notice irritation with the two products I think it should be okay because they are from different brands :). I personally use my vit c during the day and Niacidamide at night 

Re: niacinamide and vitamin c

You can apply them during the same routine, @melissanie. The myth of them not being able to be combined has been debunked. Using both at the same time can cause a slight flush in some people but it's harmless.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing