Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

my beauty diary face masks for smokers-halp!

So, I recently started using my beauty diary face masks. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them? When I opened the package and put it on it wasnt a mask like i had expected, but a sheet that veils your face that is soaked in liquid and you've got to leave it on for 20 mins. 

They're amazing! And the ones I've tried smell fabulous.  

Did I mention the whole box is written in Japanese? 

I know you shouldn't smoke (please don't bash in your reply) and I know it really damages the skin, but I've been scouring the internet- is it safe to smoke a cigarette while wearing this product? 
I'm kind of scared to until I know for sure, to be honest.

Thanks!

Much love, peccavi 

I'm not a smoker, but rather than wonder about it, I woul...

I'm not a smoker, but rather than wonder about it, I would just forego smoking for the 20 minutes it takes for the mask -- it seems like the safe thing to do. You never know if something is flammable, and I wouldn't risk it.

To play it safe, I would not smoke while wearing this pro...

To play it safe, I would not smoke while wearing this product on your face. Should something in the mask be flammable, you're setting yourself up to get burned big time. As a pediatric nurse who treats burns frequently, face burns are VERY painful, and if your skin is burned bad enough, it is forever damaged. Don't risk it!!!

PS: Where are you getting these masks from? Do you know what skin type they're for? They sound interesting.

Re: To play it safe, I would not smoke while wearing this pro...

Agreed! Since the mask part of sheet masks are usually paper, thin cotton, or fabric-like material; those materials alone are prone to catch on fire. I browsed through the ingredients and while i did not see anything flammable, the combination of the mask material and ingredients exposed to heat or flame might be hazardous. Certain chemical properties are finicky.

The mask(s) can be found at yesstyle or amazon (among other places). Yesstyle has the better product descriptions and pictures of the boxes for most of these. They are also from and made in Taiwan. Would recommend researching before buying.

Re: To play it safe, I would not smoke while wearing this pro...

Don't smoke. It accelerates the aging process and smells bad.

Re: my beauty diary face masks for smokers-halp!

Just wait 20 minutes to smoke. Or smoke before you use the mask......

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors