Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

morning moisturizer for oily skin?

I have oily skin and semi acne-prone, and I need a lightweight but hydrating moisturizer that I can use in the mornings. I am currently using the LANEIGE - Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer, but its making very oily as it's meant for drier, older skin. I am thinking of buying the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, but it's a little pricey. Are there any cheaper alternatives? 

Re: morning moisturizer for oily skin?

@jaykellam FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Water Creamis very light weight, also GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Creamis a new favorite!!

@jaykellam  If you’re going to buy the DE B-Hydra, make sure you pair it with an actual moisturizer or else it will feel like it’s not enough hydration for your face. It is meant to supplement a moisturizer and not replace it. If you just want a moisturizer that will work great with your oily skin without making it feel greasy, I recommend a water based one like Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL and Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Hi @jaykellam ,

I have used the Drunk Elephant and it is very light weight and does not feel heavy on the skin at all. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: morning moisturizer for oily skin?

I like to use a light weight moisturizer, and then mix the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra in if I need a little extra shot of hydration, but not necessarily use the serum on its own. Some of my favourite light weigh moisturizers are the Tatcha Water Cream, and the Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid (in the pump bottle not jar).
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing