Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

moisturizer for oily skin!

so over the past year i have almost perfected my skincare routine. i know what products work and don't work for me now, which is a miracle because i've been struggling with stubborn acne and oily/combination skin my whole life. i have been using philosophy clear in the morning and purity at night, so i know philosophy has been working great with my skin. i use the fresh rose toner and occaisionly use clay masks to go that extra mile when my skin needs it. the only thing i've been struggling with is finding a good moisturizer because i feel most moisturizers have that greasy feel even though i only buy oil free moisturizers because of my skin type. is there anyone out there who can recommend me a good oil free moisturizer for oily/combination skin that they swear by that softens the skin and drys down nicely??? 💛

Re: moisturizer for oily skin!

I too have oily skin, and have been using the garnier clearly brighter moisturizer for the past few years. It doesn't break me out and has SFP 15. At night I use a water based moisturizer- either the belief aqua bomb or neutrogena hydro boost. 

RE: moisturizer for oily skin!

I have oily skin too and really like the Boscia tsubaki swirl. It has a cream and gel which feels super light with nice hydrating and absorbs really quickly

I'm in the exact same boat, and have tried way more produ...

I'm in the exact same boat, and have tried way more products than I'd like to admit. The Body Shop's Tea Tree lotion is my (current) holy grail. No breakouts, skin is soft, less oiliness. It's really affordable on top of it all. I feel much better spending $15 on something that works than I do $100 on something that gives the same results.

I urge you to give the CeraVe PM a shot before investing in something more expensive. I have similiar skin and have anxiety over moisturizers breaking me out. I use two pumps of this every night and have been so happy with how my oily, but dehydrated, skin has turned around. I prefer to invest in all of my "actives" and save on cleansers & moisturizer. But this doesn't feel like a drugstore product at all! It's light and dries down. I love the ingredients because they are specifically designed to protect and repair you skin's acid mantle. Good luck! 

This is my concern as well. I got a sample of the Dr Jart water fuse in the recent gwp, and its awesome!! I'm looking forward to trying it longer term. I find most gel moisturizers seem to work best! On the drugstore side, Neutrogena makes a nice one if you want something to try that wont break the bank

laneige water bank moisture cream has saved my skin, I also love Peter Thomas Roth's water cloud cream. I use them both with an eye cream, and I have acne prone, sensitive oily/combination skin (It's such a problem). I swear by these products!

Agreed! I didn't want to love the serum, but it came in my Play box and it is amazing! It's just so pricey. I may splurge at the November sale...

I am really liking the Perricone Pre:empt oil free hydrating cream.  I tried it as a sample and bought the full size.  Working well on my combo skin during the humid summer!

http://www.sephora.com/pre-empt-series-oil-free-hydrating-cream-P408540?skuId=1830876&keyword=P40854...

@Shaynaaxo I'm obsessed with CeraVe PM.  It is gentle but effective, and is rec'd by derms.  There's even a $2 off coupon on the website.  Good luck!

I'm oily and acne prone; my usual moisturizer is the classic Clinique Dramatically Different Moisture Gel (not the lotion, the gel!). 

For other options, I've also tried Belief Aqua Bomb and Clinique Supercharged Concentrate (I can't recall the exact name off the top of my head, but I think that's close). Both were good matches for me...I just happen to have a large stash of the Dramatically Different Gel so it'll be my main product for a good long while...and frankly, it works for me, so there's not much need for me to change it up right now.

HTH!

@Shaynaaxo

RE: Re: moisturizer for oily skin!

Try the Lapis Oil from Herbivore. Its helped my oily skin and leaves it moisturized and smooth!! Just a few drops is all I need so it's going to last a long time!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing