Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

looking for best moisturizer

my skin is dry and combination and i am looking for good moisturizer.

Re: looking for best moisturizer

Slayyyyy

The Pyunkang Yul [PKY] Calming Moisture Barrier Cream is genuinely the only product that moisturizes my dry patches but also doesn't clog my oilier sections. It's also about $13 and works a whole for me, just make sure if you buy it on Amazon it's from the company themselves or a legit seller since fake k-beauty runs rampant on Amazon.

I have combination skin and I rotate days between the Glow Recipe Pink Juice Oil Free Moisturizer and the Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer.

any moisturizer from the inkey list works beautifully and the price point is definitely more affordable! I use the The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and the The INKEY List Bio-Active Ceramide Repairing and Plumping Moisturizer + Barrier Strengthening 1.7 oz... 

I used to use the SEPHORA COLLECTION Nourishing Moisturizer for Skin Barrier which I found helped a lot with my skin

If you want something a bit more fancy (but also less affordable) I would try out the Skinfix Skin Barrier+ Pore Refining Refillable Gel Cream with Niacinamide  (smells a little funny to me but left me with the glassiest and smoothest skin I have had in a while)

Here are some of my faves from Sephora!! I have dry and combo skin too it’s so hard to find a perfect moisturizer.

The INKEY List Omega Water Cream Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Gel Moisturizer with Mint Extract 

Some other ones are the Cerave moisturizing cream tub, it used to be my go to and I still love it! Lasted me over a year. Byoma also has a really good gel moisturizer!

@Simprabh  I have mostly-dry combo skin. Here are the moisturizers my skin loves: 

• CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion - lightweight, but effective at moisturizing my dry zones without swamping my oily zone. I use this most of the time. 
  • Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer - slightly thicker but still a lotiony texture. Contains squalane which can feel kinda heavy/greasy to some people. I use it on late fall mornings when it’s chilly outside. 
  • Vanicream Moisturizing Lotion - super basic (no bells/whistles) lightweight formula. Contains petrolatum, the most occlusive (water loss preventing) skincare ingredient on the market. I use this when my skin’s in angry tantrum/bad reaction mode. 
  • CeraVe Moisturizing Cream - thicker texture that also contains petrolatum. Great for cold winter weather.
  • Vanicream Moisturizing Cream THICC texture. Basic formula that includes petrolatum. Fantastic in frigid subzero F temperatures, especially when my skin’s very sensitive from barrier damage. 

All of those can be found at your local drugstore or (if you’re in the US) Target at low prices. They all layer beautifully under sunscreen. 

If you really want something Sephora carries, well… I’ve used and enjoyed Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL before, which reminds me of Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. If shea butter’s moisturizing enough for your skin, consider The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or The INKEY List Bio-Active Ceramide Repairing and Plumping Moisturizer + Barrier Strengthening 1.7 oz...

@WinglessOne although I'm pretty set with my moisturizers, I'm bookmarking this!

@Simprabh  I have combination skin that tends to get dehydrated, especially in the wintertime. A couple of my favorite moisturizers are Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer  and I'm From Rice Cream.

@caitbird I like this one, too. It feels so good on the skin.

@Simprabh Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing