From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

have you ever modified your diet to improve your skin?

I'm curious if any BT members have changed their diet to improve their skin with success. I definitely feel better after cutting out all the junk I used to eat and now am reducing sugars/carbs but to be honest, I'm not sure to what extent I can attribute improvements to my skin to dietary changes (I used to break out regularly with my cycle, like clockwork). Other factors include aging, increased exercise, etc.

Tags:

Since I've always loved fruits and vegetables, it hasn't...

Since I've always loved fruits and vegetables, it hasn't been a problem .  I've cut out the majority of prepackaged preservative food.  I remember in college getting really ill after eating those prepackaged "healthy meals."  They were not doing any favors for my skin or ... guess.  Along with that, I've also decreased the amount of sugar consumed.  My skin is better balanced now.

Next goal:  getting fiber in for the both of us.  I like fiber rich foods but he's a tough case.

I found better results for my skin by being consistent wi...

I found better results for my skin by being consistent with exercise. My diet has always been good, so I couldn't comment on how changes in diet affected my skin.

Sure!  I've improved my skin by replacing pro-inflammator...

Sure!  I've improved my skin by replacing pro-inflammatory fat consumption with anti-inflammatory fat consumption.  There is a whole science of good fats: omega-3's and omega-6's.  I found regular consumption of fish oil tablets and flax seed oil did wonders for my skin.  Drinking more water is awesome for skin too. Smiley Happy

Re: Sure!  I've improved my skin by replacing pro-inflammator...

Water is awesome 😄
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing