Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

good products to help control oil

hey guys? any suggestions for good produce to help reduce or control oil in the tzone!! i recently started getting oily and now have combo skin

Re: good products to help control oil

Hi @Sophiapant4,

I have oily skin, too and it's definitely one of my top skincare concerns. This may seem counter intuitive, but using a cleansing oil and making sure your skin is properly hydrated will prevent your skin from over producing oil. Oil cleansers have seemed to have balanced my skin. I currently really like Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL for morning and evening cleansing. It's great for taking off makeup, too!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

I use Makeup For Ever mattifying primer or MAC skin refined zone treatment for my oily t-zone and it helps a lot.

@Sophiapant4

For my oily skin, I like to use Sunday Riley's Martian toner at night and/or morning. I would suggest going for a mattifying foundation (if you do wear foundation) in order to keep your face matte. My favorite mattifying foundation is Estee Lauder's Double Wear; it's comfortable and keeps my oil at bay! When it is time to retouch and blot and I'm at home, I like to use Urban Decay's Velvetizer powder to blot the oil. The powder is SO fine that it will not make your face cakey and it will smooth it out. When I'm on the go, I like to use Kat Von D's Blotting Powder to blot the excess oil from my face. I would also recommend you pick up a great mattifying setting spray, like Urban Decay's De-Slick, if you don't already have one. I have tagged everything down below for you. Best of luck!

SUNDAY RILEY - Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel

URBAN DECAY - The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz/ 118 mL

KVD Beauty Lock-It Refillable Mattifying Pressed Finishing Powder Light

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing