Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

face cleanser for dry skin?

i’m looking for face cleansers for dry skin. i currently use origins checks and balances and I feel like it’s been drying me out 

Re: face cleanser for dry skin?

@hmarks  I had the same issue with Checks & Balances on my mostly dry combo skin, and I used to love that cleanser (I used it for decades). I currently use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower. (I’m a PM shower person.) It’s kinda the solid bar version of CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, except the bar lathers. amAlso consider CeraVe Cream-to-Foam Hydrating Cleanser for a liquid that lathers. Cetaphil and Vanicream also make good cleansers for dry skin. 

What’s the rest of your skincare routine? If you wash your face twice a day, try skipping the AM wash and see if that helps your skin. Most mornings, I just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth and then continue with my AM skincare routine. 

Also, try getting to your moisturizer step ASAP after washing your face, and apply moisturizer to damp (but not soaking/dripping wet) skin. The sooner you can seal hydration into dry skin, the better. Don’t wait too long between cleanser and your next skincare step. I use a hydrating mist between steps if my face starts drying down. My favorites right now are COSRX Centella Asiatica Alcohol-Free Toner and Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000 Cucumber Spray. 

@hmarks there's some great recommendations here,  if your suffering from dry skin Glow Recipe Mini Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 1 oz/ 30 mL  or TULA Skincare Mini The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  are gentle and clean very well, 

But to go even further if your skin is dry,  make sure your washing with water that is warm not hot.  Patting the water into your skin to dry, not using a towel to take away that precious moisture.  Consider using a moisturizing toner on your damp face after patting * like Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL  and following with a hydrating moisturizer, and even a face oil after that  step in your p.m routine.

Lol,  I'm all about keeping my skin hydrated because mine is so dry!

Good luck,  I hope you find something great!

@hmarks Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL is amazing and never dries my skin out 

@hmarks I enjoy using Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser as my main cleanser and Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm as my makeup remover. Neither is drying or irritating. 

@hmarks @My favorite cleansers for my dry skin are KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser and the Heimish all clean green foam cleanser 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing