Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

face cleaning oils

I double cleanse at night. I find I just gets all my makeup and sunscreen broken down and off my face better than just a single step cleanser. I use Dermalogica's Precleanse, followed by Drunk Elephants Peke bar. The combination makes my skin squeaky clean (figuratively) but not stripped of moisture. The only thing I'm not happy with in my present cleaning routine is the "precleanse oil". I'd like to find a "sephora clean" and more calming oil to use as a first step. any suggestions?

Re: face cleaning oils

I use two different ones. 

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

and

Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

The Tatcha cleanser is by fair my favorite that I use outside of the shower. It’s so so so easy to use, and rinses beautifully. 

The DE Slaai I only use in the shower, as it seems to require warmer water to go from oil to milky cleanser. But I love it, as it’s what I use for my once a week physical exfoliation. It comes with a little container of powdered charcoal and bamboo that you can add into the oil for a good scrub. I love that so much. Just a little add to the cleanser, and it’s like magic.

face cleaning oils

hey. thank you for the suggestions. I ended up getting a few to try out. my absolute favorites have 3 stars. shu uemura? the anti pollution cleansing oil (the green one) ♥️♥️♥️ the tatcha camelia oil ♥️♥️♥️ the Boscia oil ♥️♥️ sunday riley's cleansing oil ♥️ burts bees ♥️ drink elephant cleansing balm ♥️♥️ farmacy cleansing balm ♥️

@simbartes69 ,

I'm also a huge fan of the Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil. I have found it to be very calming and soothing on the skin. 

Best,

Laurie

RE: face cleaning oils

You should check out Drunk Elephant Slaai cleansing balm. It is so luxurious but works really great! Completely removes mascara and sunscreen with just one try!!

I also love the BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

It feels so rich and gets off all my makeup so easily with minimal rubbing on my eyes. 

RE: face cleaning oils

@simbartez69 Hi! L’occitane makes a gentle, effective cleansing oil. As for drugstore, Burt’s Bees has a good one, and Banila Co. makes an excellent cleansing balm. Hope this helps!

@simbartes69  I like BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

Second this @simbartes69! 😊💕 Sephora also carries a mini version of it online if you want to test out the product before committing to a full size. 

@SportyGirly125 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing