cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

dry skin, dirty city

hello there!

ive always had dry skin, but ever since i moved to New York, i cant even accurately describe my skin lol. its still dry, but im constanlty breaking out on my chin, and my pores on my nose and forehead are clogged and disgusting 

right now i use gritti polliti from lush as well as a black african soap bar, as well as a toner and moisturizer from lush. i love the moisturizer so im not looking to change honestly but anything you can offer as advice would be GREATLY appreciated 

thank you!!

#help!

Re: dry skin, dirty city

@katiepcan 

I would recommend a couple things:

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL  is a great first cleanse to remove makeup and pollution from your skin. It is a balm that melts into an oil so it removes without drying your skin.

I would also recommend incorporating something to your morning routine that protects from free radical damage during the day. There are multiple products out there for this but my recommendation would be a Vitmain C serum. I personally recommend Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  Not only does this have vitamin C but it also has Vitmain E to help soothe the skin which makes it a great choice for dry skin.

@katiepcan Hello fellow New Yorker! Even though I also have dry skin and this is a more oily skin product, I’ve had a lot of luck spot using Clarins Lotus Balancing & Hydrating Face Treatment Oil 1 oz, especially for acne on my chin! It just does a really good job of stopping super congestion. I don’t put it all over my face, just like my chin and nose every 2-3 days. 

Also, even though I try not to rely on makeup wipes for actually removing makeup, with all the mask wearing I come inside all sweaty and a quick wipe of my face if I’m not doing my night routine immediately has helped keep things under control SEPHORA COLLECTION Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes Watermelon 

thank you!!! this was so helpful! im definitely going to give it a try and rebound on the makeup wipe usage!

seriously thank uuu

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing