Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

chemical/non-abrasive exfoliant for sensitive skin

my skin is ridiculously sensitive and acne prone. i need a very gentle exfoliater that will still unclog my pores and brighten my skin. scrubs make me break out, clarisonic makes me break out. i've tried juice beauty's green apple peel for sensitive skin and it burned and turned my face bright red. ow! so that'll give you an idea of my sensitivity level. help?

I have used Burts Bees Citrus Facial Scrub for years and...

I have used Burts Bees Citrus Facial Scrub for years and even though I continue to try new scrubs, I always come back to this one. It is very gentle, the exfoliator doesnt scratch up your skin, but still does the job. It leaves your skin moisturized--I never use face cream after this product. It always leaves my face fresh, glowing, baby soft and super calm and relieved. I get mine at Target. It comes in a glass jar, I think its 2 oz, and you take a little bit out with your fingers, add a couple drops of water until you get a kind of paste, and apply to face. It lasts a really long time, its gentle enough for everyday use ( Although I always recommend that no matter your skin type, that you should never exfoliate more than 3 times a week, and only once a week for sensitive skin). It lasts a real long time, and its only 8 bucks. It is also pure product, so you arent paying for any fillers, that is why you add a couple drops of water to product. Also, never add water directly to the jar..that will just dilute and mess up the product. Its completely natural, and smells amazing. I like using it in the shower, although I have to be real careful with it bc its in glass packaging. It leaves a moisture film behind on your face that you dont want to remove, its like you just applied moisturizer and that layer is what nourishes, calms and relieves skin.

Also I second the Mario Badescu recommendation. I've tried a mask by this company and like it so far and have been interested in the Strawberry scrub myself.

You may want to try an all natural/organic mask/peel to e...

You may want to try an all natural/organic mask/peel to exfoliate your skin.  REN is a wonderful brand that is all natural and REN's Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask does a fantastic job of exfoliating your skin.  This treatment safely and effectively resurfaces your skin, without causing irritation.  Its four-fruit-acid-complex (lactic, glycolic, tartaric and citric) and papain enzyme create a gentle-yet-potent exfoliating action that leaves your skin glowing and healthy-looking.  This mask is particularly recommended for congested skin; it works well on post-acne scarring, blemishes, blackheads and sun-damaged skin.  You can read more about it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=YDJDBP5PKKWAOCV0KQRQIGQ?id=P203616&categoryId...

I hope this helps you. 🙂

Isomers Skincare has a product called Enzyme Peel Serum (...

Isomers Skincare has a product called Enzyme Peel Serum (acid-free exfoliation). Please visit the website   isomers.ca  to contact a Representative regarding this product or other options.  I know if you e-mail them, they do e-mail you back with recommendations.Smiley Wink

Mario Badescu's Strawberry Facial Scrub.  There is also a...

Mario Badescu's Strawberry Facial Scrub.  There is also a Kiwi Facial Scrub, but the Kiwi is more abrasive due to the fact that it has real kiwi seeds. The strawberry scrub has strawberry seeds but it is much milder and it leaves your skin feeling soft and with a "glow". You may also  want to try natural or organic facial scrubsor exfoliators which contain no nuts or shells of any kind.

I am sure with all the people on Sephora Beauty Talk who have great suggestions and ideas, you will find a product(s) which will suit your skincare needs!  Smiley Happy

Have you tried using a terry cloth in the shower prior to...

Have you tried using a terry cloth in the shower prior to cleansing to exfoliate? I usually then leave the warm towel on my face a couple minutes before applying moisturizer. It works well as opposed to washing your face and patting your face dry because after leaving a warm towel on your face your face is still moist enough to absorb any nutrients. As for brightening-wise, I like using Murad's Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask, but it's more for a healthy glow over time than an instant effect. When I first used the mask, it left my face a bit red, but then after multiple uses, I started seeing its effects. I think it shouldn't sting as long as you don't put it on open pimples. There's no weird beads or a peel in the mask. It's just a nice mask you can wash off. If you're looking for something stronger, you could try the acne mask. It works wonders if your face can tolerate it. You just dissolve two aspirins with a few drops of honey and apply it on your face for 10 minutes and wash it off.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Question : Are you sure that these products aren't actual...

Question : Are you sure that these products aren't actually working for you by means of purging your skin of its impurities ?

I think your best bet would be Avene's Gentle Purifying Scrub ( for sensitive skin). There is no grit in this scrub and the beads which are supposed to exfoliate are cut round so there is essentially no scraping or scratching the skin.

This scrub is also oil-free, paraben free and claims to be hypoallergenic and non-comodogenic.

Unfortunately Sephora does not carry the Avene line at this time, and I am not permitted to link Avene's webpage so you will have to google them.

I really hope this works for you! 🙂

Re: Question : Are you sure that these products aren't actual...

i know for sure the clarisonic made me break out because i used it for a long time and i just kept breaking out until i stopped. i could be wrong about scrubs, i've tried quite a few and given them all a good chance but they seem to just irritate my skin without even being that effective.

i'll look into that scrub anyway though, thanks. 🙂
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors