Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

bumpy/textured skin??

hey y’all- I’ve been having skin issues these past couple months (mainly on my forehead) but now I’m noticing that the skin around my nose is really bumpy/textured. It’s been like this for a couple years now (the bumpyness), but this is the worst it’s ever been. I have pretty dry/sensitive skin (besides my nose/T-zone) with eczema (not really on my face though), and I can physically feel the difference between the skin on my cheeks and the bumpy skin (it feels like there’s a line dividing the two!). I know this isn’t acne/pimples cause they’ve never gone away, so I’m really confused on what this could be. This area also gets pretty red whenever I wash my face, so maybe the bumps has something to do with that? If anybody has anything similar on their face/any suggestions on what kind of products I should use, I’d appreciate it a lot (Im starting to think of getting some vitamin C serums since they’re known to help textured skin). Thanks y’all!

Re: bumpy/textured skin??

Hi! It looks like you are experiencing clogged pores/breakouts! My holy grail product for this is Proactiv products! Proactiv Solutions Renewing Cleanser  . I would also suggest using products with Benzol Peroxide or Salicylic Acid to help combat these bumps! I love GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.0 oz/ 30 mL .

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! Have a great day 🙂

Hey @elinaak what's your current full routine? 

i had the same issue solved it with using a gentle non soapy cleanser (no more redness, i used the Bioderma sensitive gel cleanser),  followed by a BHA toner for daily gentle exfoliation (i alternated between "SomeByMi" and "Paula'sChoice since i had them both around), a hyaluronic acid serum (i used one from Kate McIver) and then a thick calming cream like Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream or  

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream if you're oily.

I'v actually had this issue a couple of times, and the above always works. It usually happens when your skin is dehydrated  and sensitized , so gently shedding off the dead skin and getting as much moisture in is the trick. The above solved my issue within a week.

@elinaak I’d recommend going to see a dermatologist if you’re not sure and have been struggling for a while. I had something similar looking to that and they wouldn’t go away for months (it first started last summer for me and got progressively worse). They were/are closed comedones. They should not be popped! Not only will they most likely not come out, but that will cause scarring. I ended up having to use some dermatologist topicals and a course of antibiotics and it’s almost gone now (about 3 months after starting treatment)

Hi there!

What that is called is millia. It's keratin trapped under the skin, but unlike a pimple it will never have a poppable white head. Do not squeeze! Rose water & Manuka honey are good home remedies as well as a good steam. My suggestion is get some rose petals from a local tea shop and make a steam mask with them. Rose is a GREAT anti-inflammatory. You can also use a very gentle exfolient to help.

Best wishes beautiful!

- Amanda

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing