From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 412746 Members
  • 15076 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Drunk Elephant allergic reaction!?
|
Re: Drunk Elephant allergic reaction!?
GO-GETTER III INSIDER
Reply: @AnnaMariaH yikes, hope you are better soon ...read more
@AnnaMariaH yikes, hope you are better soon
Recent images from this conversation
Recommendations
|
Re: Recommendations
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: @GlowRecipe @SummerFridays ...read more
@GlowRecipe @SummerFridays
Drunk Elephant Dupes...
|
Re: Drunk Elephant Dupes...
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: My personal favorite would be the drunk, elephant ones! 🙂
My personal favorite would be the drunk, elephant ones! 🙂
Ambassador Curated
💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
|
Re: 💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: February 2024 I went through more masks this month, not sure why. More new-to-me sheet masks as well. I was delighted with most o ...read more
February 2024 I went through more masks this month, not sure why. More new-to-me sheet masks as well. I was delighted with most of the masks I used; disappointed with just one. Details in the spoilers.SpoilerI'm thinking the Creer Beaute The Rose of Versailles Princess Antoinette Moisturizing Facial Mask Peony takes the prize for longest sheet mask name. Wow. The sheet leans on the thicker side, but not as thick as other Japanese cotton sheet masks. It is drenched, and I mean drenched, is serum, with plenty more in the packet. This is one of the older sheets in my stash so that was surprising. Adherence was good and despite the sheet being saturated in the unscented, slightly viscous, clear essence, none of it dripped down my neck when I applied the sheet to my face. Instructions say to keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes, but I had it on for 20 and given the amount of essence, could have easily had it on for at least another 15. Once I removed the sheet and pressed in the serum to help it fully absorb, my skin felt plumpy and hydrated. The illustration on the packet for and the print on the sheet of Vitamasques Love Struck Face Nourishing Metallic Sheet Mask are super cute - definitely Valentine vibes. Performance-wise though the mask fell flat for me, which was surprising because I've generally had good experiences with Vitamasques masks in the past. The biggest issue was the fit of the mask - the sheet felt stiff and, as such, it did not adhere well. Rather than mold to the contours of my face, it just sat on top of my face, and stuck primarily to my forehead and cheeks. The material covering my chin and the area above my upper lip popped up and off my face occasionally. Better results were had after making some incisions and adjustments, but the stiffness of the material and the lack of serum meant that the challenges with the mask staying in place persisted, and I ended up removing the mask after 10 minutes. I haven't used many new Vitamasques masks in a while and I'm hoping this is a one-off. The mask is pretty (see below) but sadly doesn't perform as beautifully as it looks. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine is a staple in my collection. I love them for travel or after a long and/or late day. The latte-hued, faintly coffee scented gels adhere well to my undereye area and the serum that saturates the gels do a wonderful job of hydrating an area of my face that is prone to dryness year-round. They infuse my undereye area with some hydration and add a brightness to my complexion, making me look more alert and awake. The beauty of these under eye gels is that they don't interfere or present a challenge to drinking coffee and that is a beautiful thing that also helps me feel more alert and awake. 😉 A bit of a purple themed skincare session with the Mediheal The H.P.A. Glowing Ampoule Mask. Mediheal is one of my favorite sheet mask brands so I was excited to try this mask. My excitement was taken down a bit when I learned the mask contains PHA - polyhydroxy acids. They're great actually - supposedly as effective if not more than AHA but much more gentle on the skin. Or, on most skins. Mine is a rarity in that it has exhibited some sensitivity to PHAs, usually on my cheeks (not surprising as that's a sensitive area of mine) and on my forehead (which is a surprise because my forehead is like Teflon when it comes to most skincare ingredients). Since I know my skin's sensitivity to PHA's, I decided to only keep the mask on for 10 minutes, paying particular attention to check how my skin was reacting, if at all, around the 5-minute mark. There was a little tingle that initially gave me pause but it dissipated completely. I was feeling alright about the mask and stretched the total wear time to 15 minutes. Glad I did. I didn't experience any negative reaction; the results, in fact, were quite the opposite and lovely - soft, bouncy, hydrated skin, zero tack or stickiness. This turned out to be one of my favorite masks this month. Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask calms, hydrates and soothes my skin overnight. It has a light floral scent that dissipates quickly upon the product being applied to the skin. I love that it reduces redness and makes my skin soft, smooth and hydrated when I wake up in the morning. I had some dry patches on my face and applied this as a spot-treatment sleeping mask. The next morning, voila, no more dry patches. 🙂 The OG masks, all in one masking sesh. lol. fresh Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask, a gray clay mask with a heavy, khaki green undertone is one of those masks that can be used as a cleanser after your mask treatment is done. I normally just use it on my T-zone or along my jawline, but this time elected to apply it all over my face and down my neck as well. Left it on for 5 minutes then rinsed it off like a cleanser in the shower. My skin feels clean and refreshed after using this one.After washing my hair, I used the amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask, a luxe hair treatment that conditions and hydrates my hair. It smells great, too, but the scent doesn't linger, which could be good or bad depending on the user. Onto skincare, I followed my moisturizer with a thin layer of the LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL, which I have history wit - it was my intro to sleeping masks, gosh, almost 10 years ago, one of the first Kbeauty masks I used and definitely my first overnight mask. It hydrates and moisturizes my skin while I sleep, giving me softer, more hydrated skin that looks well rested. Similarly, the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original softens and moisturizes my lips overnight; the consistency has a tack to it that can be bothersome for some folks; I don't have any issues with it and find that it is less tacky once applied. BOM Honey & Milk Cicadula Mask comes from a new-to-me brand. I initially wondered whether it was an offshoot of the A by Bom brand - nope, turns out it's its own separate brand and not affiliated with or related to A by Bom. In addition to honey and milk proteins, the serum saturating this cellulose fiber sheet mask contains 10 types of hyaluronic acid. 10! That's a first for me. The sheet was light and thin-ish, felt comfortable and adhered well for the entire half hour I had on the mask. Also a plus, the openings for the mouth and eyes were wide enough that I didn't need to make any adjustments. The serum absorbs quickly and smoothly, with no tack or stickiness. My skin feels soft, silky and smooth, feels hydrated and moisturized, and has a beautiful bounce and dewy glow to it. This is one worth checking out. I'm thinking the Creer Beaute The Rose of Versailles Princess Antoinette Moisturizing Facial Mask Peony takes the prize for longest sheet mask name. Wow. The sheet leans on the thicker side, but not as thick as other Japanese cotton sheet masks. It is drenched, and I mean drenched, is serum, with plenty more in the packet. This is one of the older sheets in my stash so that was surprising. Adherence was good and despite the sheet being saturated in the unscented, slightly viscous, clear essence, none of it dripped down my neck when I applied the sheet to my face. Instructions say to keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes, but I had it on for 20 and given the amount of essence, could have easily had it on for at least another 15. Once I removed the sheet and pressed in the serum to help it fully absorb, my skin felt plumpy and hydrated. The illustration on the packet for and the print on the sheet of Vitamasques Love Struck Face Nourishing Metallic Sheet Mask are super cute - definitely Valentine vibes. Performance-wise though the mask fell flat for me, which was surprising because I've generally had good experiences with Vitamasques masks in the past. The biggest issue was the fit of the mask - the sheet felt stiff and, as such, it did not adhere well. Rather than mold to the contours of my face, it just sat on top of my face, and stuck primarily to my forehead and cheeks. The material covering my chin and the area above my upper lip popped up and off my face occasionally. Better results were had after making some incisions and adjustments, but the stiffness of the material and the lack of serum meant that the challenges with the mask staying in place persisted, and I ended up removing the mask after 10 minutes. I haven't used many new Vitamasques masks in a while and I'm hoping this is a one-off. The mask is pretty (see below) but sadly doesn't perform as beautifully as it looks. The is a staple in my collection. I love them for travel or after a long and/or late day. The latte-hued, faintly coffee scented gels adhere well to my undereye area and the serum that saturates the gels do a wonderful job of hydrating an area of my face that is prone to dryness year-round. They infuse my undereye area with some hydration and add a brightness to my complexion, making me look more alert and awake. The beauty of these under eye gels is that they don't interfere or present a challenge to drinking coffee and that is a beautiful thing that also helps me feel more alert and awake. A bit of a purple themed skincare session with the Mediheal The H.P.A. Glowing Ampoule Mask. Mediheal is one of my favorite sheet mask brands so I was excited to try this mask. My excitement was taken down a bit when I learned the mask contains PHA - polyhydroxy acids. They're great actually - supposedly as effective if not more than AHA but much more gentle on the skin. Or, on most skins. Mine is a rarity in that it has exhibited some sensitivity to PHAs, usually on my cheeks (not surprising as that's a sensitive area of mine) and on my forehead (which is a surprise because my forehead is like Teflon when it comes to most skincare ingredients). Since I know my skin's sensitivity to PHA's, I decided to only keep the mask on for 10 minutes, paying particular attention to check how my skin was reacting, if at all, around the 5-minute mark. There was a little tingle that initially gave me pause but it dissipated completely. I was feeling alright about the mask and stretched the total wear time to 15 minutes. Glad I did. I didn't experience any negative reaction; the results, in fact, were quite the opposite and lovely - soft, bouncy, hydrated skin, zero tack or stickiness. This turned out to be one of my favorite masks this month. Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask calms, hydrates and soothes my skin overnight. It has a light floral scent that dissipates quickly upon the product being applied to the skin. I love that it reduces redness and makes my skin soft, smooth and hydrated when I wake up in the morning. I had some dry patches on my face and applied this as a spot-treatment sleeping mask. The next morning, voila, no more dry patches. The OG masks, all in one masking sesh. lol. , a gray clay mask with a heavy, khaki green undertone is one of those masks that can be used as a cleanser after your mask treatment is done. I normally just use it on my T-zone or along my jawline, but this time elected to apply it all over my face and down my neck as well. Left it on for 5 minutes then rinsed it off like a cleanser in the shower. My skin feels clean and refreshed after using this one.After washing my hair, I used the , a luxe hair treatment that conditions and hydrates my hair. It smells great, too, but the scent doesn't linger, which could be good or bad depending on the user. Onto skincare, I followed my moisturizer with a thin layer of the , which I have history wit - it was my intro to sleeping masks, gosh, almost 10 years ago, one of the first Kbeauty masks I used and definitely my first overnight mask. It hydrates and moisturizes my skin while I sleep, giving me softer, more hydrated skin that looks well rested. Similarly, the softens and moisturizes my lips overnight; the consistency has a tack to it that can be bothersome for some folks; I don't have any issues with it and find that it is less tacky once applied. BOM Honey & Milk Cicadula Mask comes from a new-to-me brand. I initially wondered whether it was an offshoot of the A by Bom brand - nope, turns out it's its own separate brand and not affiliated with or related to A by Bom. In addition to honey and milk proteins, the serum saturating this cellulose fiber sheet mask contains 10 types of hyaluronic acid. 10! That's a first for me. The sheet was light and thin-ish, felt comfortable and adhered well for the entire half hour I had on the mask. Also a plus, the openings for the mouth and eyes were wide enough that I didn't need to make any adjustments. The serum absorbs quickly and smoothly, with no tack or stickiness. My skin feels soft, silky and smooth, feels hydrated and moisturized, and has a beautiful bounce and dewy glow to it. This is one worth checking out. Overall, another good month of masking. Will be interesting to see what March masking looks like, as my allergies / hay fever can start to act up. 😬
Need advice
|
Re: Need advice
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @sabbu5 LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydr ...read more
@sabbu5 LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL
Glow Recipe Toner
|
Re: Glow Recipe Toner
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @TaylorASwiftfan @How old are you? If you are under the age of 16 I would stick to Cerave, Aveeno, or Cetaphil. ...read more
@TaylorASwiftfan @How old are you? If you are under the age of 16 I would stick to Cerave, Aveeno, or Cetaphil.
Budget
|
Re: Budget
BOSS I INSIDER
Reply: @shtexk Thats very generous of you to gift your niece with some skincare and makeup. For skincare, keep it simple. Cleanser, moist ...read more
@shtexk Thats very generous of you to gift your niece with some skincare and makeup. For skincare, keep it simple. Cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. There is no need to get into fancy brands with many different active ingredients unless she has very specific concerns that could addressed by those products. Find out her skin type so you can pick out products that suit her skin. She’ll be much happier if her skin agrees with the product you pick out. Brands to check out at Sephora include The Ordinary, Inkey List, and even Sephora Collection. Your local drugstore/department store will have good options too. CeraVe and Cetaphil are good options. For makeup, tinted lip balms are fun and can help protect against drying or chapping. Sephora Collection is a good and affordable option. Drugstore brands have also improved greatly, so don’t be afraid to shop there and maximize your budget.
Drunk Elephant
|
Re: Drunk Elephant
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: It’s crazy how all these parents are letting these kids use retinol cream and stuff. Like just because it’s a fad does not mean t ...read more
It’s crazy how all these parents are letting these kids use retinol cream and stuff. Like just because it’s a fad does not mean that 10 year olds can boss around workers and get stuff that will ruin there growth hormones 😅
Large pores on nose
|
Re: Large pores on nose
GO-GETTER III INSIDER
Reply: @carmen1567 have you tried SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Charcoal Nose Strip 1 Mask or Blume Power Patches Pore Purifying Nose Strips 1 ...read more
@carmen1567 have you tried SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Charcoal Nose Strip 1 Mask or Blume Power Patches Pore Purifying Nose Strips 1 Pack / 1 Pack
False best sellers
|
Re: False best sellers
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: I read this a while ago, it's kind of correct and incorrect @oksana123 .. It's likely the cookies you've agreed to via browser hi ...read more
I read this a while ago, it's kind of correct and incorrect @oksana123 .. It's likely the cookies you've agreed to via browser history + your wifi. There are some things in that list I don't care for and haven't searched on Sephora, but looked at in other browsers. Tons of websites do this, btw.
210,887 Posts