Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skincare Aware
Skincare Aware
408233 Members
11595 Conversations
250+ looks
All skincare everything.
Start a conversation
All skincare everything.
join
Start a conversation
Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Skincare Aware
2-3x a week skincare
|
Re: 2-3x a week skincare
drrragon RISING STAR I INSIDER
Reply: Learning to read ingredients labels on skincare will demystify a lot. There are a few good sites with "dictionaries" like cosDNA ...read more
Learning to read ingredients labels on skincare will demystify a lot. There are a few good sites with "dictionaries" like cosDNA that I consult often. And like @TennisTony said, the concentration of each ingredient matters too. Most products list ingredients in order of highest concentration to lowest. So the ones listed at the end are typically present in only trace amounts. So to me, the ones you posted look like nice moisturizers, that are safe for everyday use. However, everyone's skin is different, so it's best in general to just slowly phase new products in over time. Try it once a week and see how your skin reacts. Any redness, irritation, itching, etc? If not, then go for twice a week, then three times and so on. @l8totheparty
Recent images from this conversation
Recent Looks from this Group
2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!
|
Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!
itsfi BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: Q is for Q-10SpoilerStarted with the Purifying/Spirulina version of the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Mask Stick, which I applied to my nos ...read more
Q is for Q-10SpoilerStarted with the Purifying/Spirulina version of the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Mask Stick, which I applied to my nose, chin and jawline to help clear up or decongest those areas a bit. Then it was sheet mask time! Courtesy of the extraordinary @Shosh85, this Lanocreme Brightening Face Mask Purifying & Rejuvenating surprised me in the best way, and from the very start, too. When I first opened the packet, I picked up this pleasant, sweet scent that smelled so familiar and that transported me back to when I was much younger, but I had a hard time at first recalling what it was. I eventually figured it out - almond jello! I first tasted such goodness when I was in college, from a couple of my then housemates. The mask is slightly thicker than the standard sheet mask; adherence was fine and the fit was pretty good – I cut off an inch from the chin and jawline and made a small adjustment to the lower inner corner of the eyes; the width was a smidge too big but not too bothersome. I was happy to learn that the serum from the mask contained hyaluronic acid, Q10 (there's my Q!), elastin, Manuka honey, kiwi extract and Vitamins C and E ~ what a phenomenal list of notable ingredients! This mask is from a New Zealand company and having read the directions first (yay, Fi!), I knew the instructions called for rinsing off the essence after 10-20 minutes of wear time. So that’s what I did, because I learned my lesson after using NOT doing so when I previously used a mask (also from a New Zealand brand) that also called for washing the face after removing the mask. I did not experience any breakouts or irritation from this mask; instead, my skin was left feeling soft, smooth and bouncy and looking brighter, with a fresh faced glow to it. Thank you so much Shosh for sending this one to me; I wouldn’t have tried this mask if it were not for you and would have missed out on some good results.Started with the Purifying/Spirulina version of the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Mask Stick, which I applied to my nose, chin and jawline to help clear up or decongest those areas a bit. Then it was sheet mask time! Courtesy of the extraordinary , this Lanocreme Brightening Face Mask Purifying & Rejuvenating surprised me in the best way, and from the very start, too. When I first opened the packet, I picked up this pleasant, sweet scent that smelled so familiar and that transported me back to when I was much younger, but I had a hard time at first recalling what it was. I eventually figured it out - almond jello! I first tasted such goodness when I was in college, from a couple of my then housemates. The mask is slightly thicker than the standard sheet mask; adherence was fine and the fit was pretty good – I cut off an inch from the chin and jawline and made a small adjustment to the lower inner corner of the eyes; the width was a smidge too big but not too bothersome. I was happy to learn that the serum from the mask contained hyaluronic acid, Q10 (there's my Q!), elastin, Manuka honey, kiwi extract and Vitamins C and E ~ what a phenomenal list of notable ingredients! This mask is from a New Zealand company and having read the directions first (yay, Fi!), I knew the instructions called for rinsing off the essence after 10-20 minutes of wear time. So that’s what I did, because I learned my lesson after using NOT doing so when I previously used a mask (also from a New Zealand brand) that also called for washing the face after removing the mask. I did not experience any breakouts or irritation from this mask; instead, my skin was left feeling soft, smooth and bouncy and looking brighter, with a fresh faced glow to it. Thank you so much Shosh for sending this one to me; I wouldn’t have tried this mask if it were not for you and would have missed out on some good results.
New Post in Skincare Aware
The Ordinary
I want to purchase products from " The Ordinary" skincare line but I'm not sure what to get or where to start. I have oily, acne p ...read more
I want to purchase products from " The Ordinary" skincare line but I'm not sure what to get or where to start. I have oily, acne prone skin full of acne scaring.I just startwd back using "Proactive the original" as my facial cleanser, and so desperately need to get these scars cleared. What would anyone experienced suggest?
Uneven texture
|
RE: Uneven texture
6come6 ROOKIE III INSIDER
Reply: @TatiTZ Uneven texture is one of my daily concerns. Thanks to Origins Rose Re-texturizing masks and potent products with AHAs, I a ...read more
@TatiTZ Uneven texture is one of my daily concerns. Thanks to Origins Rose Re-texturizing masks and potent products with AHAs, I am happy to say I can mask some of the texture. Some of my favorite products with AHAs are Drunk Elephant’s Sukari Babyfacial and Sunday Rileys Good Genes. I also find keeping my face hydrated, with an occasional spritz of hydration, helps, too. Good luck!
Masks on the Move!
|
Re: Masks on the Move!
eshoe BOSS III ROUGE
Reply: @missjeanie so it *appears* that you have doubled the box in one fell swoop Come on, take a few more out!!! You are too generous, ...read more
@missjeanie so it *appears* that you have doubled the box in one fell swoop😂 Come on, take a few more out!!! You are too generous, my friend!
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel pads
|
Re: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel pads
GG84 GO-GETTER III INSIDER
Reply: @kaks95 Is this your first time using them? If so, you may just be purging. I’ve used the extra strength ones on/off for 10 years ...read more
@kaks95 Is this your first time using them? If so, you may just be purging. I’ve used the extra strength ones on/off for 10 years basically daily and never had an issue. There are several types of exfoliants in the pads, maybe try spacing them out a bit? You could be over doing it.
Jade Rollers • Mount Lai vs Herbivore
I recently purchased the Mount Lai mini jade roller. It’s my first one so I went with the mini and since I like it so much I’m loo ...read more
I recently purchased the Mount Lai mini jade roller. It’s my first one so I went with the mini and since I like it so much I’m looking into the full size now. I’m wondering what the differences are between the Mount Lai full size jade roller and the Herbivore version. They seem to have the same ratings and reviews. Opinions please! Thank you 😊💕
Products for clog prone sensitive skin?
My daughter is 13 and has some blackheads and a tiny zit that’ll crop up now and then. Pretty normal 13 yr old skin. I’m trying to ...read more
My daughter is 13 and has some blackheads and a tiny zit that’ll crop up now and then. Pretty normal 13 yr old skin. I’m trying to steer her toward some gentle products that would clear her pores and help calm any active pimples. Her dad and I both have cystic acne for a period when we were late teens/early 20’s and I’d like for her to not have to suffer through that. Anyone have any product recommendations? The ordinary salicylic acid 2% and the ole henriksen toner (green bottle) were too harsh. Also, if anyone has any BB/CC cream/sunscreen that you like for sensitive skin? (Need a mineral ss) Thanks for reading! ❤️
Help Please
|
RE: Help Please
73steph ROOKIE I ROUGE
Reply: Do you have a mild moisturizer you can use to block the elements? Maybe a layer of that and don’t forget to sunscreen. Sorry that ...read more
Do you have a mild moisturizer you can use to block the elements? Maybe a layer of that and don’t forget to sunscreen. Sorry that happened. 😔
Dr. Dennis Gross Challenge
|
Re: Dr. Dennis Gross Challenge
kaks95 ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: I got these and have used them three times. Once last Wednesday, once on Saturday and once on Monday. I have noticed a lot of smal ...read more
I got these and have used them three times. Once last Wednesday, once on Saturday and once on Monday. I have noticed a lot of small little bumps (tiny comedones) mainly around my jaw area and some on my forehead. Wondering if this is normal skin purging that will get better? Have any of you experienced it?
Cleanser/Moisturizer recommendations for combo/oily skin type?
|
Re: Cleanser/Moisturizer recommendations for combo/oily skin type?
PenelopeBT MOD INSIDER
Reply: Hi @sakuuuura, If you have oily skin, look for a cleanser/moisturizer that will help balance out your oil production and deep clea ...read more
Hi @sakuuuura, If you have oily skin, look for a cleanser/moisturizer that will help balance out your oil production and deep cleanse your skin. For cleansers, I recommend the ORIGINS - Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash and the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser. For moisturizer, look for something lightweight. I recommend the TATCHA - The Water Cream.
Need help for tired skin!
|
Need help for tired skin!
lmaster BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: @KathleenP123 I love using sheet masks! they have so many options to choose. from brightening to energizing to nutrition, anti agi ...read more
@KathleenP123 I love using sheet masks! they have so many options to choose. from brightening to energizing to nutrition, anti aging and hydrating
Sunday Riley Fake Reviews
|
Re: Sunday Riley Fake Reviews
tinazhang718 ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: this is horrible. I loved Sunday Reily but will not buy anything from them again.
this is horrible. I loved Sunday Reily but will not buy anything from them again.
How important is using toner?
|
How important is using toner?
Suneila ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: Toner is definitely as Yes..it has helped close my pores and using cleanser and even our skin. I typically use Rose water toners a ...read more
Toner is definitely as Yes..it has helped close my pores and using cleanser and even our skin. I typically use Rose water toners and they work great on my combination skin.
Constant Red Face!!
|
Re: Constant Red Face!!
TrysBeautyItems RISING STAR I INSIDER
Reply: @brandy91 green and yellow counter act red..could be a skincare moisturizer that's tinted green: Eucerin redness line, IT COSMETIC ...read more
@brandy91 green and yellow counter act red..could be a skincare moisturizer that's tinted green: Eucerin redness line, IT COSMETICS - Bye Bye Redness Sensitive Skin MoisturizerClinique's redness line, a colored primer, powder applied first etc. Foundation, start with a true neutral- not too cool, not too warm/yellow. Foundation in combination with a neutralizing base will help to look a more even shade. There is IT COSMETICS - Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting CreamCan be used as foundation or underneath ooras foundation and just wear needed. I like to stipple then buff the excess away.
Unusual acne
|
Re: Unusual acne
TrysBeautyItems RISING STAR I INSIDER
Reply: @katie888 what are you using on the scalp? I'll use Neutrogena t/gel shampoo, not daily as it's drying, just on the scalp when I' ...read more
@katie888 what are you using on the scalp? I'll use Neutrogena t/gel shampoo, not daily as it's drying, just on the scalp when I'm itchy - anything mint/tea tree/menthol /salicylic acid etc I react to. Change your pillow case/bedding more often. Also use non fragrance body products, you may be reacting to them. Baby products will help calm the skin.
2019 Masking Surveys
|
Re: 2019 Masking Surveys
ShortErica BOSS II INSIDER
Reply: It's been a while. @sonnydee sent me a survey idea and I've finally got around to posting it. I hope everyone will join in! And in ...read more
It's been a while. @sonnydee sent me a survey idea and I've finally got around to posting it. I hope everyone will join in! And in case you missed filling out the Spring Masks on the Move survey, no worries, it's still available here, on the Masks on the Move thread and in the Q4 Masking Challenge.
Sunburn Aftercare
|
RE: Sunburn Aftercare
Trista530 ROOKIE I ROUGE
Reply: Update: we’re almost into November now and I’ve still got these tan lines on! Oye. Believe it or not, I tried a Walmart name brand ...read more
Update: we’re almost into November now and I’ve still got these tan lines on! Oye. Believe it or not, I tried a Walmart name brand 60 SPF that my dermatologist recommended after a melanoma scare.. and boy! Does it work!!
80-90s Models Secret Skincare Regimen ⚘
|
80-90s Models Secret Skincare Regimen ⚘
ladylifeforce ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: this sounds interesting. I'm always looking for natural ingredients for skin care. Btw, where do you buy dry milk?
this sounds interesting. I'm always looking for natural ingredients for skin care. Btw, where do you buy dry milk?
Moisturizers with SPF that won’t break the bank
|
Re: Moisturizers with SPF that won’t break the bank
greeneyedgirl107 GO-GETTER II INSIDER
Reply: @Raeseok I read that CeraVe recently re-vamped their AM moisturizer, and now it's really good. ...read more
@Raeseok I read that CeraVe recently re-vamped their AM moisturizer, and now it's really good.
Tactupump/Epiduo Gel
|
RE: Tactupump/Epiduo Gel
JeannieBeans ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: Hey! Seems like it’s been a while since you’ve posted and I was wondering if you can give us an update? I’ve recently started (Oct ...read more
Hey! Seems like it’s been a while since you’ve posted and I was wondering if you can give us an update? I’ve recently started (October 2019) TactuPump gel and am on my 4th week. The purge started at the second-third week: I got really big and tender cysts. Now moving onto the 4th week, seems like things have calmed down a bit so, instead of large painful cysts, they’re smaller red bumps everywhere on my face (which honestly doesn’t look as bad as the angry swollen ones but still doesn’t look great bc of all the texture it creates). Anyways, was just curious of your experience and I am really hoping that you’ll say you have clear skin now.
Mixing Products with AHA
|
Re: Mixing Products with AHA
lmaster BOSS III INSIDER
Reply: At night I use my Niacinamide serum and herbivore bakuchiol @faeriegirl no problem!! ...read more
At night I use my Niacinamide serum and herbivore bakuchiol @faeriegirl no problem!!
Chemical exfoliaters
|
Re: Chemical exfoliaters
kellent ROOKIE I INSIDER
Reply: My skin type is combination to normal depending on the season. I also have acne prone skin as well. After using these products, I ...read more
My skin type is combination to normal depending on the season. I also have acne prone skin as well. After using these products, I have noticed my skin looks a bit more oily but almost a "glow" look from what the product states! And I have used Sunday Riley's Good Genes in the past so have have had exposure to acids, I've just been wanting to try new products.