Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Y’all I need some help!

Y’all please don’t judge me for how my face looks because I am mortified! My face is also usually not this red but I have something medically going on right now but they don’t know what it is.

So I have not had the best of luck with keeping a clear face, finding a good facial routine and a good foundation that does what it’s supposed to do without it either making me break out, make my face dry or oily (sometimes a combination)! But  my face LOVES to develop these pimple like bumps called, sebum aka the freakin devil😈 

PSA: NO PRODUCTS WITH TEA TREE OIL OR MINT OF ANY KIND! My skin doesn’t like it all all and I’ll break out with a rash!😳

image.jpg

image.jpg

Re: Y’all I need some help!

So I recremend to use CeraVe foaming cleanser and acne cleanser. Glow recipe dew drops and toner. The moisturizer I use is neotrogena. 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 

I have definitely struggled with this as well and I agree that going to a dermatologist is a good idea if you're concerned about frequent breakouts. I love my Tretinoin prescription. Also make sure you aren't using too many peels or acids that damage your skin barrier- you need that to be intact to keep your skin healthy. My favorite skincare products are all from Dieux which sadly they don't sell at Sephora, but I would definitely be using a gentle foaming cleanser like Cerave twice a day and a moisturizer afterwards, probably gel-based if you tend oily/combination. Neutrogena Hydroboost is a great one.

When my skin gets like that it’s because a product irritated it. I get an ice cub and wrap it in a paper towel and gentle tab on my face and that helps cool the redness and burning down . I’m not a dermatologist but thats what I have tried. If a product gives me that I’m using it too much for example in the AM and PM and its meant to be used once per day , or its just not the product for me. 

To me you skin looks more irritated, including the bump. I would dial down on your skin care and only use the necesary for a while, i'm talking about only makeup remover/cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. Use only the most gentle products and if there is anything new to your skin introduce them one at a time and progressively

@AshNichole93  What's your current skincare routine (brands + product names), from cleanser to sunscreen? 

You mentioned a doctor (I assume) trying to figure out what's causing your redness. Has that doctor also diagnosed the bumps on your face? The bumps wouldn't be sebum. (Sebum's just the oily substance everyone's skin creates.) They could be a form of acne, or a symptom of a skin condition that mimics acne, or something else. If the bumps are closed comedones, an AHA (or PHA for more sensitive skin) exfoliant may help. Salicylic acid (BHA) can also help this and a variety of acne issues. Have you already tried those ingredients? 

Also, not to sound toxically positive but: your face doesn't look horrible. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing