Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

I have accepted the challenge! Thank you so much to Sephora HQ for generously sending me some exciting new hydrating products to try:

- bkr Spiked Glass Water Bottle in Tutu (16oz)

- GlamGlow Waterburstโ„ข Hydrated Glow Moisturizer

- Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel

I'll be giving you a peek over my shoulder for the rest of the winter as I put both of these brand-new moisturizers to the test in everyday life, along with some of Sephora's other tools and events. For the most realistic reviews, I will start with using each one for two weeks, both AM and PM.

:: Round 1: GlamGlow (Jan 29 - Feb 11)

:: Round 2: Murad (Feb 12 - Feb 25)

:: Round 3: ??? (Feb 26 - Mar 20)

Thank you to Sephora, BIC, and @KatieBT for this fun opportunity!

IMG_20180128_152205.jpg

IMG_20180128_154942.jpg

@bakeamuffin, @CakesCakes, @darlyndar, @juliehnguyen, @Meg557, and @yankeefaithful have also received these new items to try out, so keep your eyes open for their discussions too!

Re: Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

Another sample from the SiJCP "waterworks" gift-with-purchase bag: the Tarte Drink of H2O moisturizer. I actually tried this the day before receiving the Murad/GlamGlow testers.

This is a vegan moisturizer that went on smoothly and absorbed quickly... my makeup applied nicely afterward too. It's a gel style, not a "cloud cream", but still pretty light... by the afternoon it felt as though the hydration was "wearing off" so this is probably a better match for normal/combo/oily skin types in the winter.

I think Sephora's ingredients list has a typo though, because Tarte has this advertised as containing squalane (which can be plant- or animal-sourced), but the product page mentions squalene (derived from shark livers). Copywriting matters, especially in organic chemistry!

Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost MoisturizerTarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer

Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

How fun! I received this as well and am giving the products a try before writing a review. I've used the Glam Glow product for the last couple of nights now... I like it but I kind of think it smells like Cream Soda haha. Fun stuff! congrats!

Re: Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

@Meg557 Hurray! Definitely curious to hear what you think after you've tried them for a little while. There is another thread with some ongoing discussion here also:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/THANK-YOU-Sephora-BKR-GlamGlow-and-Murad/m-p/3719604

Last week I was given a "waterworks" sample promo as a gift-with-purchase at a local Sephora in JC Penney, so I figured I'd try some of these out as well.

First up was the Peter Thomas Roth cleanser; I used this last night to take off a face of "no-makeup look" makeup... it was nicer than I expected it to be, and left my face feeling hydrated afterward even before I started the rest of my routine.

Unfortunately, I had some eye makeup left afterward even though I wasn't wearing very much so it would be best to use this as a second cleanser or at least remove mascara, etc first.

Alas, PTR isn't a cruelty-free brand so I won't be purchasing a full size of this, otherwise I would have seriously considered it.

PTR Water Drench cloud cream cleanserPTR Water Drench cloud cream cleanser

One small, appreciated feature of the bkr: the edge of the "skin" wraps around the underside to give it some grip on flat surfaces. ๐Ÿ›

Stability in wet environmentsStability in wet environments

The bkr bottle deserves photos as part of the discussion, so here are some early thoughts on the GlamGlow Waterburst.

Moisturizers are generally either a cream or a gel type; this one is definitely a gel texture (marketers like to call them "bouncy"). My skin is normal to dry, but I still prefer gel-style moisturizers even though they're usually targeted to normal/oily skin types. So recently I've been using the Dr Dennis Gross Moisture Cushion (bottom left), and sometimes the Tatcha Water Cream (bottom right).

You can see that the appearance is similar in all of them; of the three, the GlamGlow is the most gel-like, the Tatcha is a very light cream, and the DDG falls somewhere in the middle.

Oddly, the GlamGlow feels a little heavier than either of the other two. I haven't yet decided if it's more hydrating throughout the day as a result.

PhotoGrid_1517386172059.png

Thank you for the description & comparison , @fieldsofclo...

Thank you for the description & comparison , @fieldsofclover!

@fieldsofclover  I'm glad you started with the Glamglow, because I'm going to start with the Murad and I'm more on the oily side(not as much this winter!) I'm interested in what you post!! Glad to experience this with you!๐Ÿ˜˜

Congrats @fieldsofclover!  I look forward to reading all of your reviews! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @ChristineR07! I'm going to post more about the GlamGlow or the bkr tonight (haven't decided which yet).

RE: Re: Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

Hi @fieldsofclover! If I could put my two cents in- Iโ€™d enjoy reading your thoughts about bkr!!

Congratulations @fieldsofclover I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Bkr water bottle and Glamglow  moisturizer! I am thinking of buying both but having been waiting to hear people thoughts about them and how well they work.  โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Thanks @melissapurple22! I have a *lot* of thoughts about the water bottle especially, but the short version is that it's pretty great. Definitely a worthy splurge. โœจ

RE: Re: Winter Hydration Challenge โ„๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’™ - Thank you Sephora, bkr, GlamGlow, & Murad!

@melissapurple22 I even purchased the big BKR! Iโ€™m telling you, you will really drink more water because of these! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

And I love how it is glass!

That is awesome,  @fieldsofclover! That Bkr bottle is beautiful.  Let us know how the Glam Glow is!

Congratulations! I will be curious to know your thoughts on the GlamGlow. I am kind of obsessed with it although it is a bit quirky for me.

I love this!! Really glad you got the gratis @fieldsofclover!! Enjoy all the products and can't wait to see what you think about everything, you've been so vigilant with your resolutions!

Thank you @Aaliaa! It's such a great opportunity to really dive into the whole topic for a while. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿšฐ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’™

Last week I took the Skincare Solutions class at one of my local Sephoras. I got to try an entire routine with products all new to me... they check your profile ahead of time so everyone had a unique set ready and waiting when we arrived ๐Ÿ”ฎโœจ

I also got to try the new Moisture Meter for my first hydration reading. The SA took three readings (forehead, cheek, and chin) at the beginning and end of class, so we could see the difference the products were making. I have normal skin that trends dry now, so for me the difference was huge!

My example routine, with initial Moisture Meter numbers - 33 (forehead), 62 (cheek), 39 (chin)My example routine, with initial Moisture Meter numbers - 33 (forehead), 62 (cheek), 39 (chin)

All done! Ended with moisture levels at 89, 93, and 79... much better!All done! Ended with moisture levels at 89, 93, and 79... much better!

Spoiler

Ready for school to start hahaReady for school to start haha

Our resident expert!Our resident expert!

Surprise! Swag bags for everyone at the end!Surprise! Swag bags for everyone at the end!

My swag bag contents (gift card not included; I purchased that for a friend)My swag bag contents (gift card not included; I purchased that for a friend)

Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 90 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos13
  • IMG_20180128_152205.jpg
  • IMG_20180128_154942.jpg
  • 7A386213-5045-46FE-8347-C554DC23E216.jpeg
  • My example routine, with initial Moisture Meter numbers - 33 (forehead), 62 (cheek), 39 (chin)
  • All done! Ended with moisture levels at 89, 93, and 79... much better!
  • Ready for school to start haha
  • Our resident expert!
  • Surprise! Swag bags for everyone at the end!
  • My swag bag contents (gift card not included; I purchased that for a friend)
  • PhotoGrid_1517386172059.png
  • Stability in wet environments
  • PTR Water Drench cloud cream cleanser
  • Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer
testing