Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Why remove? (Is it ok if we wouldnt right away)

Hey guys, i bought the Skinfix mask; in the instruction it says to rinse/remove in the morning and i wonder why?

Could i just let it stay on my skin for a bit longuer (like the next *morning* day when i dont work, etc) ?

Im not sure why we need to *wash it off*.

I will contact the company to ask if not removing it right away the next morning would be ok/safe.

We wash our face everyday, but i just wanted to know why they say to remove it from the skin surface the next morning.

Thank you.

Re: Why remove? (Is it ok if we wouldnt right away)

@Emy10  Looking at the ingredient list, this mask looks like a moisturizer. (So do many other sleep/overnight masks.) I'm not a cosmetic chemist so I can't 100% say "yep, it's safe to leave on your skin in the morning." But it looks like most other moisturizers marketed as sleep masks: you could probably use it on its own as a moisturizer (without a separate moisturizer underneath), day or night. I'm interested to hear what Skinfix tells you, if you get a reply from them. 

Some of us don't always wash our face in the morning, so whatever skincare we used the night before stays on throughout the following day. Even when I wipe my face down in the AM with a web microfiber cloth, I'm not "removing" or "washing away" much of anything in terms of skincare. I'm usually just removing eye gunk: allergies or infections sometimes make my eyes water overnight, and I wake up with salty tears crud in that area. 

@WinglessOne Ok so Skinfix says that its ok and that we do not have to wash our face right away in the morning.

Today i tried to use a bit of of it as a base before i put my powder foundation on, and so far it seems fine, but ill know more later about how it holded because im super busy at work. 

Note: trying to make the product absorb faster (by rubbing the product on my skin like a moisturizer) made it like it was going to peel and come off.

My guess is that the formulation was made to absorb slower into the skin so trying to make it absorb faster by rubbing the product around my face doesnt work well, and again, ill know more later if it can still be used as a base.

If it works, i might use it during the day i dont wear makeup either, because my skin seems to really like it so far and it seems to be helping with redness too. I need to look more into the ingredients and look for similar products for a day&night moisturizers. 

@WinglessOne yes, its a moisturizer that helps with redness and also act as a skin barrier repair (supposedly), i also got a deluxe sample of theyre gel moisturizer, ill let you know about that too and what Skinfix says.

I too do not wash my face with a whole system in the morning, i "de-crust" my eyes and use a damp cloth, and when i have more time i do more.

I heard that washing our face with a damp cloth (water) isnt good for the skin, but then how else de people simply wash theyre face??

I dont like to use miscellar water im not into it so ive been using a damp cloth since like forever.

Edit: i forgot to say that i use this as my night moisturizer because i didnt have one.

Im also looking for a new day moisturizer because the one i used (Elf Hello Hydration and Ordinary Natural Factors + HA) made my face itchy, so i need to take breaks, and they also disrupt my foundation (L'Oreal Freshwear powder foundation)

Hello @Emy10 @WinglessOne I'm assuming that they say that because a cloth can grow mold and bacteria after a while, if you leave it wet. I think it's best to use your hands for washing your face, and then pat your face dry with a fresh cloth or towel. I heard somewhere that it can be nice to clean your face in the morning with rose water (like a toner) spray on a cotton round.

@Skunk12puzzola @Emy10  Yep, reusing the same cloth too many times between washings invites bacteria to the party. That’s why I have 24 individual microfiber cloths: I use one a day and always have clean ones available. I also have lots of reusable bamboo rounds—I'm honestly not sure how many, but far more than 24 🤣—and use just one each time I need one. Using the same body towel too many days in a row also causes issues, by the way. 

I use a plush microfiber cloth + water in the morning because it's less messy (for me) than rinsing my face over the sink or bathtub with just my hands, plus many mornings I don't wipe down my entire face. I just wipe my eye area. The rest of my face doesn't usually need it. I can't use rosewater on my face because my facial skin doesn't like it. Micellar water would be a better option (for me) if plain ol' water couldn't do the AM wash job. 

At night, I wash my face while I'm in the shower. So I use those microfiber cloths only in the morning. 

Oh, and about water being drying: if you have dry skin, washing more than once a day can exacerbate the dryness. That's usually more about using a cleanser twice a day than just using water. But also, if you wet down your skin and let it air dry without adding moisturizer, you're letting moisture escape your skin. That's why you shouldn't wait long between skincare steps: gotta reach that moisturizer step sooner rather than later, especially if you applied a humectant (hyaluronic acid, sodium PCA, honey, etc.) to your skin. If you keep rolling with your skincare routine quickly after washing or water-wiping your face, your skin's probably fine. 

You're always so well informed about skincare, and your skin shows it @WinglessOne 💗💗

Aww, thanks @Skunk12puzzola ! 😊

@Skunk12puzzola yes thats right!!, ... i use the same for 2-3 days because im thinking "its just water and my face and i rinse it well every time i use it and hang it to let it dry", but now i will use a new one everyday!! Lol

I hope i didnt make anyone cringe lol, i mean its My face, My cloth lol, no one else use it, but i understand better now 😮😮😮😮

I also was told that water is drying and so that washing our face with water is drying.... but idk lol, its every morning, not 10 times a day, i feel like people exagerate alot... lol

Yes honey, don't worry @Emy10 ! water can make your skin dry when it's toooo hot! warm is best! also, I can see you with the cloth, I use my towel for days, I don't change it everyday. But I make sure to let it dry very well, sometimes I use a blow dryer for that reason! In summer it dries down pretty fast, in winter....not so much 🤣

@Skunk12puzzola lol thank you, i feel better because sometimes people get duper Extra jugy like 😒😒😒😒😒😒😂😂😂

Also abiut towels, one day it was so humid that i knew it wouldnt dry so i put it in the dryer for a bit 😂😂😂

@Emy10 🤣🤣🤣 it happens honey, don't worry about it!! people can be so over the top with their reactions sometimes 😓

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing