From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Why does Sephora NOT carry "THE INDIGO CREAM" moisturizer?

I noticed that Sephora carries the Indigo Cream overnight repair version, but if you want to get the Indigo cream you have to get it either in a Sephora in Kohl's or from Tatcha's website directly. When I DID get it from Kohl's it wasn't FILLED ALL THE WAY. Like, 1/4th of the way up! The pictures on Tatcha's website indicate it should be full ( especially for that price! ) but the ladies at the counter just shrugged at me. I felt like it was a waste of money, not because of the product itself, but because it felt like I was getting ripped off.

Does anyone know why it isn't in the Sephora shelves at their stand-alone stores? Anyone have any experience with a product not being full but seemingly the seal isn't broken?

Re: Why does Sephora NOT carry "THE INDIGO CREAM" moisturizer?

Hello! I wouldn’t be able to answer why it isn’t at freestanding Sephora stores, could be an exclusive to pull clients into the new kohls stores. 

I can say I have had some weird experiences with products not being filled all the way or even coming empty. These mistakes can happen and be missed before it even gets to our stores. Sephora is very understanding of that, so the beauty advisors at Kohls should understand! I would take it back and exchange it and if the problem occurs again reach out to Tatcha directly! This may be an issuer in their side and they can properly fix it for you. You can always buy it and open it before you go home to make sure it is correct! 

Coming from a Kohls store to Sephora I can say I didn’t realize how understanding Sephora freestanding stores were with returns and exchanges. Since kohl’s is new, a lot of Beauty Advisors are still learning about Sephoras customers satisfaction policies! I know it can seem like a weird experience, but give them the benefit of the doubt! It is all a little new and Sephora is such an inclusive environment that changes normal retail policies! I hope this helps gives a little insight!

Re: Why does Sephora NOT carry "THE INDIGO CREAM" moisturizer?

I appreciate your reply, thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing