Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Why do some products say they are oil-free but when you check the ingredient list it contains oil?

I was thinking about trying Ole Henrikson's Sheer Transformation Cream because it says oil-free on the jar but when I checked the ingredient list it contains Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil. How can they do that?

@Ltlzsmom, The Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation is free...

@Ltlzsmom, The Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation is free of all types of oils that can clog pores and cause shine.  It does however contain a small amount of Sandalwood Oil (Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil), an ingredient that has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Sandalwood Oil helps sooth irritated skin, can slowly fade acne scars & will not clog pores or contribute to shine or breakouts. Hope that helps!

XO,
Olivia

becuase essential oils are very different from mineral, j...

becuase essential oils are very different from mineral, jojoba, or other oils. Essential oils have teeny tiny little molecules that penetrate deep into the skin while the other types of oil have molecules too big to go into the the skin and end up just sitting on top of it. It's the sitting on top of it part than can cause oils to clog pores and break you out. And a little known fact is that a product can contain a certain percent of oil and still be labeled as "oil-free" (I believe it's 3%, but I heard that a long time ago, and my memory gets fuzzy)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing