From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Why do all moisturizers cause me to break out?

Are there any for ultra sensitive skin?

Re: Why do all moisturizers cause me to break out?

Look at the ingredients. Marula oil is really popular right now (its in nearly every single Drunk Elephant Product) but it really causes breakouts. I had a whole month of cystic acne after switching to some products with marula oil (Face soap and lotion). 

Try Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion. It's the only lotion that never broke me out and actually moisturized when my skin was really acne prone. 

I have sensitive and reactive skin, i love the Ordinary Natural Factors + HA cream. 

It never breaks me out or itch.

Im having trouble findind an anti aging cream that doesnt itch.

Im also currently trying Cerave PM Night cream.

Ultra sensitive skin has reacted well to tatcha indigo moisturizer and also to youth to the people. I would recommend those. Stay away from anything with spf included in the formulation. I recommend using spf seperatly and make sure it’s mineral like the one from Farmacy brand 

@nads123 I agree with @christie1504 regarding the FAB line.  CeraVe is also a great line for sensitive skin.  I use CeraVe PM and it is gentle, rec'd by derms and affordable.  Plus, there should be a $2 off coupon on the website.  Good luck!  🙂

RE: Why do all moisturizers cause me to break out?

I really like REN's skincare line. It does very well with my super-sensitive skin.

I use clinique gel mousturizer! Its hypoallergenic and fragrance free!

Get a sample of the first aid beauty face moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and this brand is amazing and does not irritate or break me out

I have sensitive acne prone skin and have been using the Belif moisture bomb for about two months now. I love it!! It's light but provides ample moisture and hasn't broken me out!!

Have you tried an all natural moisturizer? Evan Healy has a great line of moisturizers that I really like. 

The best thing to do is gather all of your moisturizers and see if there's a common ingredient(s). There could be additives in all of them that makes your skin react the way it does. 

Make sure your moisturizer does not have sunscreen. Also you could try natural based moisturizers or oils such as Josie Marans Argan oil.
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing