Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Which Serum?

Im having trouble deciding between the new Tatcha Violet C Brightening serum or the Volition Snow Mushroom Serum. Any advice or opinions of either? Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mLVOLITION BEAUTY - Snow Mushroom Water Serum

Re: Which Serum?

I haven't tried this product from Tatcha but I've been wanting to! I tried the snow mushroom serum and it really didn't do much of anything for me. I wanted to like it but found that it was just meh and ended up returning it. I love everything Tatcha I've used and you really can't go wrong with anything from their line 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Tatcha would be my choice. I actually use the little silicone brush from Foreo to spread it over the face, it absorbs much better because of pulsations...

Which Serum?

Depends on what you're looking for, the Tatcha is for brightening the skin and the volition is more for hydration, they're both really good but don't give same results

@EthanGrey I’ve been dying to try Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mLi absolutely adore all their products

RE: Re: Which Serum?

@ather Can the Violet C serum from Tatcha be used alone effectively or is it necessary to use the Essence with it?

Re: RE: Re: Which Serum?

@razz7 based on the samples of their products that I've tried, I would say that no you don't need to have the essence to use it. Also, while I do think that an essence is a good addition to your routine, you really don't need to spend a lot of money on one when there are lots of much cheaper options that are still really good (Missha, Secret Key, etc.). That being said, I am currently using the essence from Tatcha and it is nice, just not necessarily nice enough to regularly spend out that kind of cash.

@sockmagnet

Thanks!!! Btw, what does essence do/what is it? I’ve never even heard of this before until today from what I can remember! 

@razz7 I used to totally think that essence was a con, just another overpriced buzzword product designed to make me spend money - until I got some as part of a set and realised that it makes all of your other facial products go on more smoothly (and allows you to use less of them). I would basically think of it like a primer for your skin care products, designed to be used immediately after cleansing to lock in moisture and to make everything that follows work more effectively.

But like I said, while I see a very visible difference between when I use essence and when I don't... I'm less convinced that there is a particularly noticeable visible difference to my skin between using essence that costs $95 and essence that costs $30. 

@sockmagnet I thought that all essences were the same until I tried SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mLaand now I can never use another brand! It’s completely changed my skin. 

@ather I have some of that from a Sephora set and, while it is very nice, I just don't think it is worth the very high price tag. Glad that it is a HG product for you though 🙂

@sockmagnet

okay thank you so much! I’ll look into that, for now I’m more worried about actually just using products to help clear my acne and fade scars, so essence is not a priority 🙂 

@SportyGirly125  How are you liking the Tatcha serum and how does it compare to DE product combo (C Firma and TLC)?

@naturalooks15 I don’t use DE TLC so I can’t really compare the DE product combo. I do use DE C Firma and The Tatcha serum. The only difference is when you use it. DE in the day and Tatcha is at night.  I have noticed that when I don’t use them I have more texture and visible lines. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125  so Tatcha is your only AHA/BHA product?

@naturalooks15 I don’t really pay attention to that stuff. So I’m not sure. I just use what works for my skin. 

@SportyGirly125 keep me posted. I’m interested in seeing if you love it!! I almost bought it but I need to use up my other stuff before I buy new ones!

@ather I am using the Tatcha one at night in my skincare routine and really like how much it was helping me with texture and fine

lines. 

@ather Will do. I know other people wanted to know how it was too. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing