Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Which Mask is best?

I wanted to buy a mask for my new skincare routine but I can't choose between the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask, GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask, or the Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL

Which one would be best?

Re: Which Mask is best?

My all time favourite mask is Clarins in a purple jar. It is great for events. But it is not really targeted for what you're looking for.

I like mask and do they often but I don't really have a fave to recommend with the exception of clarins. I recently tried the probiotic from Algenist and I enjoy the process but I didn't see the results you're loking for. However, I suggest not to buy Laneige. It does nothing for my combo skin, oh wait, no it gives a suffocating feeling and bumps afterwards even if used for couple hours and not left overnight. Unfortunately, I have plenty of samples and deluxe sizes of it and even my legs that I use them on are not that happy (it peels and rolls).

I'd go with Herbivore in your case. Ihave it but didn't try it yet.

I have heard great things about Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml

Or FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask

I haven't tried them yet though.  I do love tthe Juice Beauty mask if you are in Canada (I can't seem to link it here, I don't think it's sold on Sephora US. 

The Laneige will lock moisture in overnight (but I find my skin is a little greasy with it the next day, probably due to the dimethicone in it). 

I have tried and enjoy the Origins Mini Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 30 mL

Good luck in your search! @blackb3rri 

the herbivore one is my favorite of the bunch, but it's not meant to be hydrating and moisturizing so much as it is exfoliating. i've tried both the laneige mask and the glow recipe mask and personally didn't experience a difference in my skin the morning after in either of them. i'd recommend stopping by your local sephora and grabbing a sample if you can, or purchasing both in a smaller size.

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask Mini LANEIGE - Hydrating Trial Kit

RE: Which Mask is best?

I’m not a fan of sleeping masks. Whenever I use them it just feels like I wake up with some weird film on my face and my skin doesn’t feel moisturized. I like going to bed with my regular moisturizer a lot better. I have a sleeping mask from Laneige but I just use it during the day and then wash it off before it dries out. I think sleeping masks are really gimmicky and I’m not sure they actually moisturize your skin if you use them like you’re supposed to.

Hi @blackb3rri!

What is the goal you would like to achieve with the mask? 

I have sensitive, combination skin and i was hoping for something light and not too greasy. The goal would be to hydrate and replenish my skin to give it a natural glow.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing