Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What would be the best regimen for facial skin with keratosis pilaris/dry skin.?

Many years ago I was diagnosed with keratosis pilaris. I have seemed to manage it but i still have a good amount of texture and dry patches on my face no matter how often I moisturize. I have looked into products with hyluronic acid..AHA.. BHA...and enzymes. I would love some guidance about what to get...the selection here is pretty overwhelming and I don't have the budget to keep doing trial and error. Any help would be appreciated!
Anonymous Insider

RE: What would be the best regimen for facial skin with keratosis pilaris/dry skin.?

gluten-free products for sure!! speaking from experience!

Re: What would be the best regimen for facial skin with keratosis pilaris/dry skin.?

Hi @Dahhly!

I have KP but just not on my face. I can tell you that I've tried almost everything and nothing has really worked except when I started to cut out all gluten from my diet. If you want to get rid of it that will be the only way. There's a lot of information on this so maybe it would be beneficial to google it.  I know you would need at least 30 days without gluten to see a difference. I also recommend consulting with a naturopath on this.

I also have dry skin and one product that I really love for that is Consonant HydrExtreme. It takes care of dry patches very well. It is a more expensive product but you don't need that much.  You can use it directly on your skin or mix it in with your moisturizer. This is definitely an HG product for me that I will keep buying.  Hope this helps a bit.

*The link below is for Canada. If you are in the US try looking it up on Costco. It's also less expensive there.

http://www.sephora.com/hydrextreme-P404434?skuId=1787399&keyword=P404434&country_switch=ca

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing