Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

Thanks for the feedback!  The original Eve Lom cleanser doesn't appeal too much to me -- mineral oil being the first ingredient in such an expensive product doesn't thrill me, and I agree, the whole ritual that it calls for is a bit much.  I do own the Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser though, and it is definitely a treat to use!  It's not the best at taking off make-up so I only use it as a second cleanser at night or in the morning.  If you want to try Eve Lom, definitely give Morning Time a go -- it doesn't contain the mineral oil and parabens, and it still cleanses perfectly well without all the fussiness that the original cleanser calls for.  I just checked the Sephora page, and it now comes in a small size!  The sample foil packet of 0.17 ounces that I had lasted for about a week with daily use so the new 1.6 ounces sounds like it would be a nice way to try the product over a long period of time. Smiley Happy  

Oh I like the Clinique Balm. I tried a sample of Ren, but my main thing is that Ren products usually have a shorter expiration date and I've got too much backlog. =X

I've been hearing raves about Egyptian Magic Skin Cream here and there, must check this out....

Currently in love with Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum after I received a sample.

I use this day and night under my moisturizer. My skin gets super DRY in the wintertime and this milky serum (with a pleasant scent!) moisturizes my skin and makes it SO soft. I keep touching my face cause I wanna pinch my cheeks Smiley Very Happy I've tried clear serums in the past and it does absolutely nothing for my dry skin, so i was very happy with that one. 

For my night time treatment, I've been pairing the serum with a Caudalie night cream that is AMAZING but I threw away the package so I don't remember what the name is Smiley Sad I will have get back to you on that haha. It is a thick cream with an off-white/beige color??

This is my first time trying caudalie products and I'm smitten Smiley Happy They smell so nice!

Thanks for posting about the Vinosource Serum!  I've been seriously thinking about trading in my Caudalie Club points for a bottle, but I've been waiting to hear if other people have had good results with it.  On the other hand, I've tried both the Caudalie Vinoperfect and Vinexpert night creams for months and neither worked particularly well for me. :/

What is caudalie club points??

I didnt like the vinexpert night cream that much either. I think the mystery sample I got is the premier cru.... which sucks for my wallet haha

Caudalie has their own reward program where if you purchase any of their products that contain a code inside the packaging, you can earn points that can go towards redeeming full-sized products at different point tiers.  You can purchase these products from anywhere, but some of their products (like their cleansers, body products, gift sets, etc.) do not have earn any reward points -- the best bet is if it comes in a box, it would probably have a code.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Oooo I like! Thanks for telling me about this!

My two newest finds I'm in love with:

Click for enlarged view

The Body Shop's Honey & Oat Mask- this smells SO good and my skin absolutely loves this stuff. Very soothing to my skin and relaxing to me Smiley Happy

L'Occitane - Immortelle Eye Balm

L'Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm- my eyes are drinking this stuff up. This has dramatically reduced my under-eye bags and dark circles and makes my eyes really smooth and healthy looking. I've been using a little packette sample but I'm definitely going to get a full size of this when I've used up my eye creams.

The Body Shop! Haha, I remember trying the blue corn scrub mask thing back when I was a complete skincare newb and have NO idea what I was doing. It was so....awkward......o.O

Oh my gosh that blue corn scrub mask is SO AWFUL on my skin! Stings like a mother!

This one though makes me think of a homemade mask you'd slap on your face and stick your feet in a bubble bath and ahhhhhhhhhhh relax. It's a nostalgic experience thing Smiley Tongue

This how I feel: Smiley Very Happy

Haha, I actually make my own with plain yogurt + honey + oats. The original recipe I got it from also added cinnamon, but I've got a pink face and don't need more "circulation" etc. The oats mattifies and the yogurt/honey hydrates. I usually put more yogurt than honey so I don't get the sticky feeling. =)

Oohh, I'll have to try that sometime! Sounds like it smells and tastes fabulous too.

Ive been obsessed with the Sunday Riley Good Genes Serum. I use it as a mask and holy crap this stuff is awesome. Its kinda pricey but I dont mind if I see results.

i am madly in love with my retin-a, which i ordered from india. god bless the internet. i'm finally beyond the flaky, gross stage and noticing a huge difference. except now i have all these retinol serums i don't need. 

besides that, i'm obsessed with anything that is super moisturizing. my latest is cold pressed coconut oil and cold pressed jojoba oil. i was a little scared of the coconut oil, but its awesome. except sometimes my face smells like french fries. 

Ohh, how long did it take for you to get past the flaky stage?

about 3-4 weeks, which is quicker than i expected. i think because i was using a lot of retinol serums before so my skin was kind of prepared. 

I'm really liking merlot grapeseed moisturizer that I got. I mainly use argan oil but this winter weather is making my skin need a little something extra. Best part was I got for $5!

Perricone,..I just made his mortgage payment for this month. Smiley Wink

Lol, I've heard so much good stuff about his product, but they are sooo expensive. >.<

So true! Until I hear a glowing rec from someone who has similar skin (dry, sensitive, Asian), I can't take the plunge. x.x

I keep going back and forth about buying Perricone products because of the cost.

Plantgarden, which products do you use? And what skin concerns do you have? I am very open to being enabled Smiley Happy

I'm loving the galactomyces ingredient! 

SK2 started it, and its something you used under everything right after washing (even toner) and I think it makes a world of difference. 

I've only been using it for less than a month, but my skin is alot more"plump" 

I totally agree! I love the "fermented" toner trend with beneficial yeast/cultures. I use the Iope Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning which is mostly Faex. It makes your skin so smooth and even. Smiley Happy

Ok beautytester, this should unbore you! What you need (or should try) is this:

Lumene bright now vitamin c drops. But before you use them on you take an apple, cut it in half and on one half open one of the drops and put it on the Apple . Leave the other half alone. Leave both half out all day by the end of the day the one with the drops will look like you just cut it! And the other, well it will look yucky! If it can do that to an Apple image what it will do to your face!

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • upload_3176417168219785134.jpg
  • s1565126-main-hero.jpg
  • 450.jpg
  • pacifica.jpg
  • Lovely-MEEX-Mini-Pore-Ghassoul-Mask-3.jpg
  • osmia.png
  • may.jpg
  • zria.jpg
  • honey.jpg
  • pores.jpg