Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What’s your favourite sunscreen?

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! 🌈 I just joined this group and think it’s awesome! I’ve never really used sunscreen for my face (except for certain foundations/products/lip balms that already have it in them) but I’ve been reading about how important it is so I’d love to start. I have oily skin so I need something that isn’t greasy. I’m also pale and burn easily. Which sunscreen would you recommend? Thanks beauties 💕

Re: What’s your favourite sunscreen?

COOLA Mineral Face Organic Matte Finish Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

OR

COOLA Mineral Face Organic Matte Tint Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which has a universal tint that gives you light "foundation-esque" coverage.

Both of these sunscreens are specifically for oily skin and large pores. They also both have a matte finish and has double the water/sweat resistance for 80 minutes instead of Supergoop's 40 minutes.

Hi @teeel8!

Using a real sunscreen is important!  Studies show that you need at least 15 pumps of foundation on your skin for SPF to actually be effective.

I have oily skin that's light and burns easily, too!

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a super popular one and it wears great under makeup.  Farmacy Green Defense Daily Mineral Sunscreen works on lighter skin tones as well.  Both sunscreens not only protect your skin against UV rays but also harmful blue lights that come from electronics.

For further protection against blue light and environmental stressors, you can use Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz/ 150 mL.

RE: Re: What’s your favourite sunscreen?

Thank you so much for your suggestions! So great to know someone has my same skincare struggles. Can’t wait to try one of these. ❤️

Thanks so much, these look great! 💕

What’s your favourite sunscreen?

Honestly, I'm not saying there aren't great sunscreens available from Sephora, of course there are, but if your skin is sensitive and it's going to take trying a bunch of products to find exactly what you're looking for, I highly recommend trying Japanese sunscreens available on Amazon and other online retailers. As sunscreen is a more prevalent part of their beauty culture and Japan's FDA moves faster than our in approving new ingredients, they have a huge selection of VERY high quality sunscreens with maximum protection that sell for around $10 or less per bottle. For anyone interested in looking into such products, Ratzillacosme has a website where she provides English language descriptions and ingredient lists for tons of products as well as extremely discerning reviews. My favorite sunscreen is actually a super cheap anti-aging sunscreen by Shiseido Senka (meaning produced for the Japanese market) that contains Coq10 to strengthen skin and is one of the cheapest options on the market. Unfortunately it was recently discontinued (hopefully to be released again soon as new and improved), but I stocked up last time I bought. Missha is a Korean company famous for it's very popular sunscreens and those are available inside the States at the MisshaUS website.

RE: What’s your favourite sunscreen?

Whoa, this is awesome! Thank you so much for your help. I’m gonna do some research on these products! 🌞💕

Hi @teeel18 ! I would definetely reccomdend the Supergoop Zincscreen Mineral Lotion SPF40 ! This guy is for acne prone and oily skin, so it won't make your skin greasy! I hope this helps ❤️ Have a great day 🙂

Thanks so much! I just looked it up. Sounds like exactly what I’m looking for + the packaging is super cute. 😌 Have a wonderful day! 🌟
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing