Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What’s the best acne spot treatment?

Looking for acne spot treatments to use when I start to get a blemish.

Re: What’s the best acne spot treatment?

This has been my HG for the past 10 years: Origins Out of Trouble™ 10 Minute Face Mask to Rescue Problem Skin 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

My pimple reduces in half. I dab a bit on my pimples and sleep with it on,

@Suttonox  Of the many I've tried (that I can safely use), the most effective is Paula's Choice BHA 9. It's a 9% salicylic acid spot treatment gel. I often use a thin layer on the entire section of my face that contains the brewing acne—so, my whole forehead, an entire side of my jaw, etc. That way, I don't end up chasing random new acne all around my face. 

I can't use benzoyl peroxide, but that's another option that works well for some folks. 

Oh, and when I apply BHA 9 to acne that's come to a head, I sometimes put a patch over it, usually overnight. I like COSRX AC Collection Acne Patch (the oval ones, not the round ones COSRX also sells). There's no salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in them but, unlike the other COSRX patches, they do contain inflammation-soothing centella asiatica. I also like Peace Out Acne Healing Dots 20 Acne Healing Dots which do contain BHA (just 0.5%) plus aloe and a retinol ester. 

@Suttonox I'm with @quspork on this on the Clinique clearing gel. Best acne spot treatment.

@Suttonox I really like the Laroche Posay effaclar duo for a spot treatment and Ive heard AMAZING things about the Rosen Break Out Spot Treatment 

Hi @Suttonox !

My FAVOURITE spot treatement is Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief . It is super effective and works quickly! Have a great day 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing