Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What makeup and skincare products are least likely to irritate my facial psoriasis?

Re: What makeup and skincare products are least likely to irritate my facial psoriasis?

I know what a struggle it is! My dermatologist recommended me not to wear make up (I know, it sucks!). But the brands they told me were "tested" and may cause the least issues are Clinique and Neutrogena.

I've tried other brands and keep tabs on which ones cause any flares. I'd recommend looking for products for sensitive skin, stay away from anything with a red hue (red is the worst pigment for skin issues). And also from anything that can be abrasive, like face scrubs.

I really hope this helps. Good luck!

Re: What makeup and skincare products are least likely to irritate my facial psoriasis?

Im currently using YSL nude bb cream and i love the coverage and moisture! instead of drying up or creasing making my skin flakes appear worse, it blends, hydrates, and color corrects just where i want it. I do however recommend exfoliating prior to makeup application in general just because it helps for makeup to sit better on the  P spots. 

Laura Mercier ia an amazing makeup line! There are no har...

Laura Mercier ia an amazing makeup line! There are no harsh ingredients in any of their products 🙂

Try First Aid Beauty- it is a line that is made for sensi...

Try First Aid Beauty- it is a line that is made for sensitive skin and extreme dryness.  There is a starter kit to try out the products for only $35.

You may also want to check out Perricone's Super Tinted Moisturizer- it has tumeric which is loaded with anti-inflammatory agents to reduce psoriasis and heal the skin.

You can also check out Josie Maran Argan Oil-  it is an organic oil that heals the skin and offers extreme hydration.

I hope that helps,

xoxo

Jill

Re: Try First Aid Beauty- it is a line that is made for sensi...

Thank you so much for your advice! I will try these products.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing