Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What is the best cleanser for sensitive skin?

I've tried so many cleansers, but they've either made me break out, or gave me red itchy splotches on my face. Any recommendations?

Re: What is the best cleanser for sensitive skin?

It depends on how sensitive you are so of course you should always test before you commit and buy a full size of a product. I have very sensitive skin and I find creamier/milky cleanser don't break me out as much as foamy ones (more irritating). I also find that lavander and SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) also breaks be out so I avoid products with those. Mineral Oil can also casue breakouts. I use coconut oil (virgin, organic, cold-pressed) I used the one by Skinny and Co. before I went on to the Nutvia brand as my first cleanse and Burts Bees Sensitive cleanser as my second cleanse. I found the Fresh Soy Cleanser (a little foamy) worked fine, and as the others have said, the First Aid Beauty was good too.(:

First Aid Beauty is an excellent line for sensitive skin.  It was created for sensitive skin and is even used on burn victims because everything in it is very soothing and calming.  I also really enjoy the REN Evercalm line.

RE: Re: What is the best cleanser for sensitive skin?

I also recommend the First Aid Beauty facial cleanser. It's really gentle, but thorough.

ChristineR07 wrote:

First Aid Beauty is an excellent line for sensitive skin.  It was created for sensitive skin and is even used on burn victims because everything in it is very soothing and calming.  I also really enjoy the REN Evercalm line.

REN’s Evercalm was a nightmare for my skin, but it’s so subjective to each person so it may be a great fit for you. I’m still working on finding a good skincare regiment. The best I have found that have worked is Bioderma, Dermatologica & currently using PUR’s Simplicity Soothing Gentle Cleanser on a daily basis & while my skin isn’t where I would love it to to be, I’m not a panic over sensitivity issues. 

HTH...

REN was hella bad for my sensitive, reactive skin too. 

Anonymous Insider

I agree with @ChristineR07 on both counts - First Aid Beauty and REN make wonderful cleansers for sensitive skin.  I generally use cleansers from that line as my second cleanser.  For a first cleanse, my sensitive skin likes Clinique Take the Day Off Balm - it's lightweight, fragrance-free, and non-greasy.  When I first tried the Clinique Balm, I was not expecting to like it as much as I do - I'm now about done with my 3rd (or maybe it's my 4th?) jar of the balm.  Pai Skincare also has some very gentle but effective cleansers.

I loved Clinique’s Take the Day off Balm & used it for a long time but I started to get red spots in certain areas so I discontinued using it. 

myinsidevoice wrote:

I agree with @ChristineR07 on both counts - First Aid Beauty and REN make wonderful cleansers for sensitive skin.  I generally use cleansers from that line as my second cleanser.  For a first cleanse, my sensitive skin likes Clinique Take the Day Off Balm - it's lightweight, fragrance-free, and non-greasy.  When I first tried the Clinique Balm, I was not expecting to like it as much as I do - I'm now about done with my 3rd (or maybe it's my 4th?) jar of the balm.  Pai Skincare also has some very gentle but effective cleansers.

I loved the Clinique Balm & used it for quite a while, but then I noticed that I was getting red spots after using it in very odd places, I discontinued using it, which sadden me because I loved it but it just made my skin irritated. 

Will be be looking into PAI- thank you! 

I use the Caudalie foaming cleanser for my first cleanse.  It's super gentle and not at all greasy.  I also just love how soft it makes my skin feel.  I'll then go in with my REN or FAB.

In the morning I use the Dermaclear by Dr Jart.  The tingling wakes me up in the morning and it's nice and soothing with a light exfoliation. 

29 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing