Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware

What is my skincare routine missing ๐Ÿ’”

I have finally been adding more serums to my skincare routine but i feel like I am missing stuff.

Skin concerns: dry skin, redness, whiteheads and random breakouts (been more frequent but manageable). Please help create this routine!! Xoxo

Am:

1 ) fresh Soy Face Cleanser Limited Edition 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

2) The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL  or fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

3) GLAMGLOW SUPERSERUMโ„ข 6-Acid Refining Treatment Serum 

4) Going to be adding The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  

5) #fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL  or Saturday Skin Pretty Pop Probiotic Power Whipped Cream 

PM:

1) fresh Soy Face Cleanser Limited Edition 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

2) GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSEโ„ข Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 

3) fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

4) GLAMGLOW SUPERSERUMโ„ข 6-Acid Refining Treatment Serum 

5) going to be adding The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

6) GLAMGLOW MOISTURETRIPโ„ข Omega-Rich Face Moisturizer 

Biweekly I use GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUDยฎ Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask  and recently bought Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel  and Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Salicylic Acid Pore Refining Pads  to add or change items in my routine. 

Tags:

Re: What is my skincare routine missing ๐Ÿ’”

Growth serum, retinol and sunscreen! Because you have dry skin, I'd only cleanse at night. A double cleanse could be what's drying you out. Try a cleansing balm like Clinique's "Take The Day Off"

Salacylic acid is great for getting rid of sebaceous filaments

Re: What is my skincare routine missing ๐Ÿ’”

How long have you been using this routine, @Sherryl97? You've got a lot of chemical exfoliation going on and some of the issues you want to address (dryness, redness, breakouts) are hallmarks of overexfoliation. In regards to your morning routine, depending on your skin's tolerance using both the glycolic acid toner and the glam glow serum may be too much. Also, you didn't list one, but are you currently using a sunscreen?

In looking over your evening routine, are you alternating the cleansers on different nights? Using two water-based cleansers in one routine can lead to stripping your skin of necessary moisture. And again, I wouldn't add in the lactic acid serum in the same routine as the glam glow serum. Plus, if you're already using a glycolic serum then the lactic acid isn't really necessary as it does the same things as glycolic acid (both are AHAs). Though both are also already included in the glam glow serum as well. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing