Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What is a good moisturizer for combination skin?

Hello! I need to find a good moisturizer that works for my skin I have an oily t zone and dry cheeks. I’ve been on and off with different ones. I’m currently using the glam glow volcasmic moisturizer and it’s ok but not really hydrating. I’ve been curious to try the drunk elephant lala retro. Do y’all have any suggestions?

Re: What is a good moisturizer for combination skin?

The La La Retro cream is nice- for dry dry skin. I would say it would likely feel too heavy and thick on your t-zone. A gel face cream would likely work nicely for you, such as the Dr. jart+ Water fuse ultimate hydro gel. It’s so comfortable and soothing, but doesn’t feel greasy at all. I find it to be moisturizing enough for my dry areas. If your cheeks still need additional moisture, definitely look into a hydrating facial oil. 

RE: Re: What is a good moisturizer for combination skin?

Sorry for the late reply!! But thank you so much ❤️

I'm a very big DE fan. I use their night + bright and rise + glow sets of serums/oils when I'm traveling. I have used the pekee bar (I can't remember what the other one is) as a face wash and I really liked that too! And I recently splurged to try out Babyfacial (though I haven't yet). So I think it's safe to say I love their products and frequently return to them.

However, I really really hated La La Retro. I bought the Littles set a few months ago, because it seemed like such a great deal to try out a few minis I hadn't used before. I ended up buying a full size of the face wash bars because of it. I have pretty normal skin; I don't break out a lot, nor is my skin horrendously dry or oily either way. However when I put La La Retro on I felt like I was caking my face with a cheap oil-based creme. It was so heavy and made my face feel so mucky. I thought to myself perhaps it's because it's summer I'm not liking the consistency. I abandoned it for a rainy winter day. I ran out of a moisturizer a few weeks ago and I've been trying to figure out who to use next. I've mostly been using samples that I've stored up and I got around to DE La La Retro. I thought, "perfect! It's colder, drier weather! Maybe I'll fall in love." I did not. Again, I felt like I was caking my face and was nervous I was going to break out the next day. I'm not sure if it's La La Retro's fault, but I did break out over the next couple of days. So I do not recommend - it's one of the only DE products that I thoroughly didn't enjoy.

I do recommend Eve Lom's Rescue Oil Free Moisturizer: https://www.sephora.com/product/rescue-oil-free-moisturiser-P410672?skuId=1850171&icid2=products%20g...

I am not returning to this product because I'd really like to try out a new brand and one that's cheaper (I'm also not returning to Sunday Riley's Blue Moon because I want a cheaper cleanser). But I really really loved it while I was using it and perhaps when I have a bit more money I'll return to it!

If you're not so fussy on cruelty free products or one's that have parabens, etc. for years I used Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (not the cream) and it was light-weight yet kept my skin moist and non-oily. https://www.sephora.com/product/dramatically-different-moisturizing-gel-P122900?icid2=similar%20prod...

@stayc21 I read that the DE retro is good.  I was looking to purchase it, but the pricetag kept me away.  For now, I'm sticking with my CeraVe PM which I think would be a good choice for you.  It's gentle, non-greasy and rec'd by derms.  Good luck!  🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing