Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

What do you use with your Clarisonic?

I just started using the Clarisonic Mia and am interested in seeing what everyone does with theirs. Smiley Happy

1. Which Clarisionc do you have?

2. How often do you use it?

3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? 

4. What is your skin type?

I hope something like this hasn't already been posted recently. 

Re: What do you use with your Clarisonic?

I'm on my second Plus. My first was a Sephora/Fresh edition that came with a bunch of extras and sadly, began acting wonky (would change sequences randomly, wouldn't recognize the body brush, wouldn't charge past the second bar, etc) and Clarisonic kindly replaced it for me. They no longer had the beautiful white/pink/magenta orchid design like my first one, but I've come to love my lavender Plus. Should anything happen to this one, I'm not sure what I'd get as the Plus seems to be on the way out in favor of the Smart or maybe Aria models.

Twice daily, although I worked up to that. At first it was once every other day for two weeks, then once daily for two weeks, then twice daily. My skin tolerated this very well, and I believe I only had a few minor breakouts. Then again, I've been fortunate to have fairly clear skin.

My first Clarisonic came with a full sized Fresh Soy Cleanser, which I fell in love with and continue to use regularly. I'm also partial to Eve Lom Morning Cleanser, Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm and Cleansing Foam (more creamy than foamy), Lancer the Method Polish, Aromatherapy Associates Deep Cleanse, and Oskia Renaissance. If you do use a gritty exfoliator, be sure to be extra gentle as you buff the Clarisonic.

Dry-to-Combo

Spectra Gel.  Back to my high school days.  It's not drying and hypo allergenic..  And you get far more product for your money.

1. Mia 2

2. Twice a week (3 times max) in the evenings

3. I use the LaNeige trial kit (comes with toner, serum, moisturizer etc.). It's a great value set and it usually last me at least two months or more depending how much I use.

4. Normal to Dry

Mia 2 

Haven't used it yet

Both

Dry 

1. Which Clarisonic do you have?

Mia 2

every night

I'm currently trying Biore Charcoal facial cleanser, but have used Neutrogena Naturals purifying cleanser and the Boscia Purifying gel with it before, I don't think i've ever repurchased the same cleanser yet

Dry

Y'all have power!

1. Reading the beauty boards made me buy a Clarisonic Aria Christmas 2014.

2. At first, 1x per day and developed the big red bumps along my jawline. It was not acne or this purging myth.  It was good ole irritation.  Now, I use it 1x a week. I go one cycle and when it goes off I do about 15 extra seconds on my nose for deep pore cleansing.  

3. Weird, but my favorite cleanser with it is the Clarisonic cleanser that was included. My skin is refreshed and tight feeling.  Pores are squeaky clean. No more blackheads. The rest of the week I use different products. Sampling my buys and GWP minis. Fun!

4. Normal

1. I have the CLARISONIC Mia2 (http://seph.me/1c8O3Sk). However, I'm trying out the CLARISONIC Aria (http://seph.me/1GtrMva) -- which is conveniently on sale -- to see if I want to switch.

2. I use it every morning and night. 

3. The Clarisonic actually does a fair amount of exfoliating, whether the company says it does or not. So, I usually shy away from exfoliators. I use BOSCIA Detoxifying Black Cleanser (http://seph.me/1EneWZk). I also have a routine where for one of the 14 washes/week, I replace the CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head in Normal (http://seph.me/1Ls97Qx) with the CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head in Deep Pore (http://seph.me/1LjESdN). 

4. My skin is fairly normal, but prone to breakouts on my chin and sometimes on my cheeks. I just washed my entire face - lips, eyebrows, under-chin area included. And felt like this picture might be relevant: http://bit.ly/1Ajf1Cu. 

1. I think I have the Mia 1? It's basic and has just one speed, and I have the sensitive brush heads.

2. I use it almost every evening

3. I only use cleansers with it -- these past few months I've been using the Murad Clarifying cleanser. I love the cool, tingly feeling you get with it!

4. My skin is mostly combination and acne-prone

1. Mia and a Mia 2 (just upgraded to that one)

2. Once or twice a day. Usually after I get off a 12hr shift at the hospital (RN working 7p-7a)  I grab a Burt's Bees makeup wipe and brush teeth and fall into bed.

3. Oil of Olay Total Effects blemish control cleanser on bare skin in the "morning" and Origins checks and balances to take off makeup on days I am off. Love it to get clay masks off once they are dried.

4. What is my skin type? That is a good question lately. My skin has been very hormonal lately, more acne prone and dry than normal, starting to feel less dry now that it is heating up in Pa.

- I have the Mia 2.

- Twice a day (Morning/Night).  If I choose to exfoliate/scrub I don't use the Clarisonic; ill use my clean hands.

Cleansers: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, African 100% Black Soap

-Toners: Witch Hazel, Rose Water

-Moisturizer: African Shea Butter

-Mask: Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Purifying Clay Mask Acai

-Scrub: Apricot Scrub

*Currently looking into updating my products to new ones that works well. I like to change it up once in a while or alternate between products.

- Very Dry

1. I have Clarisonic Aria. Had the Mia1 but my brother really liked it and wanted it especially for breaking out and blackhead purposes. So I just gave mine to my brother and bought myself a new one. 
    I use either the delicate or sensitive and the Luxe brush for the mornings. 
  2. I use it at least once daily. but ever since I purchased the Luxe brush, I use it in the morning too sometimes 
  3. everything I've used so far works fine with the device. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown lathering tube. Origins checks and balances worked great, Dr. Bronner's soap works great for blackheads (I only use it around the nose),Clarins gentle cleanser worked great, etc.
    - I exfoliate separately once a week or once every 2 weeks with Josie maran powder wash 
  4. I have combination sensitive skin prone to break outs. 

Mia 2, deep cleansing brush.

I use it every time I remove makeup, and lately, every other time I wash my face. (I'm having some extreme flakiness and the Clairsonic seems to help!)

I have a heck of a time finding cleansers that don't make me feel dry. I gave up and started just using my non-drying body cleanser - Dove soap! /:

Skin type is combination. Dry, dry, dry with an oily t-zone.

1. Clarisonic Mia 1 - I have had it for 3.5 years. I switch between the deep pore and acne brush heads. 
  2. Once a day, in the morning.
  3. I use it with a foaming cleanser, right now it is PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel. I like to put some cleanser on the brush head, lather the brush head with my hand while the clarisonic is off, then add a little more cleanser on it and use it on my face. 
  4. Combination-oily; very oily tzone, normal cheeks, dryness around mouth/jaw/chin/neck, and hormonal acne around chin/jaw. 

I use my Dermalogica cleansing gel!  It gets a much better lather!

1. I have the Clairsonic Plus, with a Smart brush head.

2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.

3. I use Philosophy's Miracle Worker cleanser.

4. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone.

I have the Mia 2, and use the lower speed and a sensitive head. I generally only use it every other day or so. I like to use a really gentle cleanser as I find the clarisonic does a pretty effective job of cleaning. Specifically, I use the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. I have combination skin and a lot fo people mentioned that they had a period of breaking out after starting to use their clarisonic, but I have never experienced that.

1) clarisonic pro

2). Twice a day

3) dior velvet peony cleansing milk

4) pale, tends to be dry, blemish free,  some sun damage

1. Clarisonic Aria with the deep pore brush head

2. Everyday - morning and sometimes night

3. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleanser (when my skin is normal) ane Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (when I'm feeling dry)

4. Dry/Combo Fair skin

Thanks for posting this!! So nice to read everyone's answers.

1. I have the Clarisonic Mia and I use it with the sensitive brush head.

2. At the most I use it once a day (at night) but I will skip some days if I feel like I don't need it or if I am going to use an exfoliating scrub/mask instead.

3. I like to use it with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser. My faves right now are Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.

4. I would say I have pretty normal skin. When I take care of it, it's not overly dry or oily. In the winter it can get dehydrated and in the summer it can get oily. But overall it's fairly normal now that I've grown out of my acne teen years and into my 20s.

1 Mia, one speed

2 once a week

3 cleanser. Shiseido's perfect whip foaming cleanser or Hada Labo Tokyo's hydrating cleanser

4 normal but very VERY sensitive 

49 Replies
Conversation Stats