Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What do I put on first my toner or my face mask ?

I use witch hazel toner and blackhead removal mask from Biore and I’m struggling to figure which I should put first

For me depends on what type of mask you are using! If you are using a wash off mask (like clay mask/jelly mask) I would put on mask first, wash it off and tone. If it is a leave on mask or a sheet mask I tone first and then mask.
Anonymous Insider

your skin could just be changing but also as well you should put a light moisturizer on your face and then a primer , do you need to have a barrier between your skin and your foundation. If you're using a setting spray that could cause it. I use Too Faced hangover setting spray with coconut water it's really good for your skin but it will also clog your pores so I make sure I have a strong barrier between my skin and my makeup. witch hazel is going to dry you out really bad. I had this problem after I tried Dermalogica. I went and got a bar of soap called purpose, you can get it in Walgreens and then I got a prescription topical cream with clindamycin in it. And then I used pumpkin seed serum on top of that my skin was perfect in 3 days. yes some of these higher in products are great but sometimes it doesn't take all that to clear up a minor issue.. I hope this helps

Re: What do I put on first my toner or my face mask ?

Love your skincare photos. <333 I'm currently obsessed with the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum.

I use it every other night and have noticed that my skin has gotten noticeably smoother over time!

Yes, I love the T.L.C Babyfacial! I use it once a month to deep clean my pores. <333

Have you tried Drunk Elepants baby facial? if so is there a difference? 

@marleybrook 

Wash off or leave on mask? I normally use toner after a wash off mask just to make sure I'm removing any residue, but toner would come before a leave on mask. 😊

Anonymous Insider

toner then a mask. my esthetician and I have worked for c...

toner then a mask. my esthetician and I have worked for cosmetic surgeons you're supposed to cleanse your face tone your face exfoliate and moisturize. that's the basics and then you incorporate your serums Etc everybody has a different way of doing things as far as their skincare.

Re: toner then a mask. my esthetician and I have worked for c...

@Anonymous Great tips! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: What do I put on first my toner or my face mask ?

Toner first and then the mask! It’s usually the thinnest to the thickest solution so that your skin absorbs the products better. Normally toners are used after cleansers to balance the pH level of the skin and prepare for the next steps (I.e., essence, serums, masks, oils, moisturizers). Hope this helps!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
testing