Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What are some of your favourite skin care products?

Because of this social distancing stuff I’ve been really bored at home, trying to level up my skin game! Hahah, any recommendations on products that help leave the skin looking smooth, toned, soft, bright. Feel free to mention any face masks, toners, serums, face washes lotions etc. I wanna hear about em all!

Re: What are some of your favourite skin care products?

@rajbhullar I have pretty dry skin that is prone to breakouts -- The only line I have found that works + does not dry out my skin more or clog pores is the Dr. Barbara Sturm line. My fav products are the following: 

SERUM --> Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

FACE CREAM --> Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

CLEANSER --> Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

GLOW DROPS --> Dr. Barbara Sturm Glow Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL

@rajbhullar , I’m all about skincare (vs makeup) - here are some of my faves:

Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil
May Coop Raw Sauce

DE Framboos Glycolic Serum

DE Babyfacial (although I’ve used a sample of FAB AHA Intensive Peel that will be my next purchase in this skincare category)

Sunday Riley Luna Oil

sheet face masks from Lovemore

L’Occitane Divine Cream

RE: Re: What are some of your favourite skin care products?

Yess skin care is a whole lifestyle! Thank you so much for the recommendations, definitely going to be looking more into these products!

I can’t wait to look into all of these! Thank you so much.

So many products!! There's an awesome skincare thread here, for more inspiration https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/td-p/5146142

Morning (tagged products are my faves, but still looking for perfect ones of other steps)

Milky cleanser - PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser

Micelle water

Toner

Essence

Firming serum - The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL

Vitamin C serum - OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® Mini

Hydrating serum - Caudalie Radiance Serum (not strictly for hydrating)

Spot corrector - Origins Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel with Salicylic Acid 0.3 oz/ 10 mL

Eye cream

Moisturizer

Face oil - Herbivore Orchid Antioxidant Beauty Face Oil - For Combination Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL with a drop each of Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and Herbivore Phoenix Rosehip Anti-Aging Face Oil - For Dry Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Sunscreen

Night

Makeup remover - Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Face wash - Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml with PMD Clean Smart Facial Cleansing Device Blush

Face masks + Actives (schedule below)

THE ORDINARY -

Eye cream

Moisturizer - Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Sleep mask - SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask for winter; Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL for warmer months

Masking and Actives

Sunday -

Charcoal cleaning BOSCIA - Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment every other week swapped with Grace and Stella Blackhead Removal Mask

Low dose retinol Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL

Monday - 

Brightening mask and hydrating mask FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask

Chemical Exfoliation

Tuesday -

Clay mask Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

Stronger retinol Inky List Retinol working up to Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Eye retinol

Wednesday -

Peel Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL

Hydrating mask (gel)

Thursday -

Brightening mask and hydrating mask if needed

Retinol

Friday -

Clay mask and hydrating mask if needed

Chemical exfoliation

Eye retinol

Saturday - 

Firming mask

Luna

Hope you find some new favorites in this thread there's a ton of good input. To me, it's all about testing what works best for your skin. Good luck, @rajbhullar!!

Ahh omg thank you so much!! I’ve used some of these products but a lot of them are new to me! Can’t wait to start trying them, thank you.

RE: What are some of your favourite skin care products?

@rajbhullar certain products that have really worked wonders for me have been Tatcha deep cleanse, Tatcha cleansing oil, Ole Henriksen banana bright eye cream, and ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème. I have combo skin and these have been amazing. As I’ve gotten older my skin has become more sensitive and I feel as though these products are soft on the skin, work extremely well, never over-dry, and keep skin hydrated. The cleansing oil removes all traces of makeup, even lash glue! Hope this helps 🙂

Yess you can never go wrong with tatcha!! I’ve actually never used Ole Henriksen but I’m definitely going to start with the products you’ve recommended!! Thank you so much

@rajbhullar 

Origins frothy face wash

Origins Ginzeng scrub

Fresh Rose Hydration Toner

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Leanne Grace Beauty oil

The ordinary Rose Hip Oil

Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night

Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day

J.One Firming serum

Tatcha overnight concentrate at night

Tatcha eye cream

Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protectionor use Supergoop unseen Sunscreen)

Youth To the People Glow Oil

Oh wow! This could be my whole new routine haha! Thank you so much, I needed that!

I also found myself bored as a result of quarantine... I spontaneously purchased skincare from Paula's Choice and my world changed for the better. My skin is so smooth, and I've only been using these products for 2 or 3 weeks. We aren't supposed to be touching our faces right now which is so much harder now that my skin feels this good. I'm acne-prone, have normal-to-dry skin, have a slightly uneven skin tone, and for that reason I've used the Clear collection.

Now I'm looking at boosters; it seems like Salicylic Acid and Niacinamide are ingredients for me to look for. For that reason, I've been considering purchasing some products from Sephora: 

MURAD - Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum  Peter Thomas Roth PRO Strength Niacinamide Discoloration Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Wander Beauty Glow Ahead Illuminating Face Oil 0.84 oz/ 25 mL

@SpiralTresses I too use the PC Clear collection and love it. Makes a huge difference for me.

I understand, being forced to stay at home is the worst! Thanks so much for the recommendations, I also have a few problem spots where my skin is uneven, so I’ll definitely be looking into everything. Thank youu!

I love using Ole Henrikson and lord jones when my face starts feeling a bit dry.

Dryness is a huge issue of mine, will definitely be checking that out. Thank you!

I’m really loving the Ordinarys Niacinamide serum currently. I also got my hands on a sample of SKII, an item I’ve always thought too expensive to even consider buying. I admit I love the product but it’s still too damn expensive to be something I’ll actually buy. Oh well, that’s the broke life for you 😛

Corsyx galaactomytes toner is a good dupe for the SK I’ve heard..

Thanks for the tip! God knows I can’t afford that bottle of SKII

Omg I totally understand, especially with skin care you need products you can use day to day and not feel bad because you spent a lot on them. Plus when they’re done u need something easily accessible. Thanks for the recommendation in love with serums right now!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing