Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What age is best to start using retinol?

Hi everyone! So currently I'm 25, with combination skin, lightly acne-prone, dry in some areas, oily in others. I grabbed the LANCER - Caviar Lime Acid Peel

to use for a deep clean exfoliation about once or twice a week. I grabbed it not only because of the rave reviews but also the ingredients looked amazing, but I didn't realize it had retinol in it (silly me, didn't read everything lol).

Anyway, is it ok for me to start using retinol? I don't have many lines or wrinkles yet. I have used the peel about 2-3 times now but haven't put it in my weekly line up yet. It burns slightly, just enough to show that it's working but not burning my face off type burn.

My skin feels so good after, soft and clean and my pores look so small just with one use, so I want to keep using it and see more results.

Thought I would ask around just to make sure it's okay to still use at my age.

Re: What age is best to start using retinol?

Yes!

I started using prescription retinol (retin-a) when I was 21 years old (I am 31 now). It was recommended by my dermatologist and I never regretted it. 

What age is best to start using retinol?

@SnugglePuggle94 oh yes you can use retinol in your 20s just be sure to only use at night, and start off once or twice a week and build from that as your skin will become sensitive to sun and could get flaky and dry the more you incorporate it into your skin care routine. don't forget your SPF during that day ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster Great advice! SPF and easing into it are key for you to get used to retinol ๐Ÿ™‚

@lmaster is right - just remember SPF and add it gradually @SnugglePuggle94. Glad this is helping your skin!

SPF SPF SPF SPF SPF ๐Ÿ™‚

@lmaster Awesome, thanks so much! I'm not going to be a big user of it, just about once or twice a week. I use a gentle enzyme exfoliator (Amorepacific) the rest of the time. And I put on SPF this morning and just reapplied when I went out for lunch!

I'm happy I can keep my peel because it does a great job already!

@SnugglePuggle94 I love that amorepacific peel also ๐Ÿ˜‰ sounds like you're in the right track ๐Ÿ‘

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing