Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Welcome to the first ever BeautyTalk "Save Our Skin" Skincare Journal!

Updated 2/20/2014 - It's not too late to join us!

--------------------------------------------------------

First of all, credit goes to @marydiva for the SOS moniker though @jenpred's "Did I Just Put That On My Face? - A Skin Care Journey" was a close second. Thank you, ladies!

I know a lot of us are skincare product junkies, but, if you're anything like me, probably aren't using all those products as consistently as you should. I made a personal goal in 2014 to be better about taking care of my skin (perhaps it's because I have a milestone b-day this year..eek). BT has been such a great source of skincare insight and dialogue, I thought it would be great for us to keep each other accountable and follow each other's SOS journey.

So, here's the plan:

We each create our own BT thread start the name of it with "SOS 2014".  You can end it with whatever you want.  For example: “SOS 2014 - Potholes are for streets and craters are for moons” You lot are a creative bunch, so I'm looking forward to what you think of. Smiley Tongue

In your initial post, make sure to include the following:

• Skincare routine you are going to follow
  • Current skin status - picture (if you comfortable providing one)/notes
  • Skincare goals for 2014
  • Any other factors that might be impacting your skin - stress, smoking, sun damage, etc… We can help motivate each other on keeping healthy habits that will help save our skin.

Every week, create a new post to your thread: Did you stick with your routine? What products did you use? Have you noticed any differences?

Then, in a year's time, we'll return to this thread and share our overall thoughts on the journey and how close we got to our goals.

This post will contain links to everyone who is participating and can be a place where discussions with everyone can take place.

Please know that this is the first time we're doing this, so if you have any constructive criticism on the approach/format, please let me know. Perhaps, then, I can pass this baton to someone else for 2015. :smiley-veryhappy:

Looking forward to following everyone’s journeys!

SOS.jpg

Re: Welcome to the first ever BeautyTalk "Save Our Skin" Skincare Journal!

This is a great idea! I have just decided my skin care needed a bit of an overhaul/fine tuning anyway! I would love to participate. Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the party, @warriorwitch!  When you get your thread up and running, let me know and I'll put the link here.  Once I get home, I'll be creating my own but need to do a little research before deciding what I want to use....I bought waaaay too many products..hahah

This is a wonderful idea! If I have the time, I will start my thread later tonight to make it officially start at the tippy top of 2014. A great way to keep track of what works for us and what doesn't. Thank you!

Before I start mine, I would love it if you could provide an example/template/something to help us along--perhaps the beginning of your own thread, for inspiration and guidance. Smiley Happy

this idea is genius!!! I have to figure out what my skin care routine is going to be first.  I'm breaking out right now which is not normal for me and its making me crazy!  

I love this idea... I'm in!

I like this idea! I'll have to give my skincare routine some thought and post something later!

This is so exciting! I'm starting my thread once I see someone else's as a template. I can't wait! Smiley Very Happy

Mine will be posted shortly!  :smiley:  But please feel free to add your own "flair" to yours.

Hmm...ok I'm thinking on this. I just added that tarte detox set to my love's list.  Ive also been wanting to try a new face wash and beauty tester has me contemplating a cleansing oil.  With all these new products I think this is a good idea 

Count me in!  I'll take advantage of having tomorrow off to think about my routine and draft my post.  I use so many products and my main goal is going to be to simplify in 2014 so that I can have some consistency and (hopefully) the results I want!

Saw your thread! Smiley Happy That's great inspiration for creating mine. 

I have a quick question though - are we supposed to/allowed to reply to other's individual threads? Or would that disrupt the flow of journaling? Or should we just reply to individual journal posts, rather than the topic as a whole?

Hmmm....good question.  I'm open to thoughts on that. I didn't want to encumber this process with too many rules and regulations but with enough organization to keep it from getting too messy.  I'd say it depends on the reply?  If it is specific to an entry, reply that that one.  If it's general that individual, post to the thread.  If it general about SOS, post to this one.  Does that make sense?  We might course correct after a couple of weeks when we see how it's working.  All the fun with a "beta" release, right?  :smiley-veryhappy:

Sounds great! Smiley Happy I'm so excited - I think this journaling is going to be so fun! 

This sounds like a great idea. Right now my routine is all over the place, plus i need to re-up on some of my products. I'm eying the new skincare favorites sets and probably will be buying one of them as my first purchase of 2014. Then I'll be able to make a plan of how I'm going to incorporate everything. 

One tip I think would be helpful is if we try something new how long we should stick with it before giving up on it. I know that as a skincare junkie I try stuff once or twice and move on to something else , so I never actually know what's working.

I have the same problem which is how I am amassed a large collection of skin care products.  Something new always comes out that grabs your attention and you just want to buy it!  :smiley:  This is why I'm going to try to force myself to stick with the same routine for a whole year.  I'm sure some products show results after 3 months, but I think it varies.  There are some treatments that give you "instant" results but don't last (felt that way with the glamglow mud eye stuff).

I do want to stress the naming convention.  It's so that we can easily find these threads by using the following link search:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=%22sos+2014%22

I have the above bookmarked on my browser for each access <-- yes, again, nerd...as she watches the Dr. Who marathon...again  Smiley Embarassed

Ah I commented on yours... Then saw this... Wasn't sure if it was a personal diary or what... But I suggested the wild rose facial if you didn't try it when the perk was out, I have combo oily skin that can get very dry around the mouth and it worked on the oily parts, the dry parts, lightened my acne scarring... Plumped my face... Just all around made my face look amazing. I want the day time moisturizer now!

What wild rose facial? Korres? I think I may have a foil of that...  AndI don't care if you post on my thing, just be gentle LOL Smiley Very Happy

Awesome posts so far...don't know if I should just keep comments here or on the individual posts. I can't wait to see where this goes. If I wasn't so flip floppy with my routine, I'd join as well lol. Happy New Year!

63 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • SOS.jpg