Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Weirdest/strangest beauty thing you've ever tried, and does it work?

So there are a lot of sketchy sounding DIY, or $43030402 treatment out there (I just read an article about facial contouring where you pay $85 for somebody to slap your face around, cellulite treatment where you get a butt mask (yea, you read that right), and the normal (in comparison) smearing strange stuff from animals onto your face).

Have you tried anything out of the ordinary? do they work? toothpaste on pimple? baking soda scrub? mayo hair mask? snail slime on face?

For me, I've read about milk bath but it seems so wasteful. I had a couple cups of milk that were just about to expire, so I did a milk soak for my feet instead. It was nice, but it wasn't amazing and I wouldn't miss it. Also, there was a strong smell of milk while I soak. I also tried rosewater/rose petals in the bath. Honestly rose petals are more for aesthetic purposes, but rosewater is pretty soothing and did make the water softer.

Re: Weirdest/strangest beauty thing you've ever tried, and does it work?

As a super easy tightening mask, I put a spoonful of regular (plain) greek yogurt- the lactic acid helps to exfoliate, and since greek yogurt is thicker, it doesn't run the way regular yogurt might.

Also, raw honey is a miracle product!  You can use it as a face mask (great for acne prone skin), and it is a natural humectant.  It has to be raw honey though, because the kind in the bear squeeze bottles has been heated, which destroys the enzymes that provide skin benefits.

Sugar, olive oil, and honey mixed together make a great all over exfoliating scrub.

I use a lot of Korean beauty products, and for about a year I used 4 jars of snail cream. I feel that it actually made my skin look really good. I even got compliments from my male friends telling me that my skin looked "pretty" and that I looked "glowy". I used 2 different Korean brands: Missha, and Mizon.

I also used a snail slime bb cream for about 2 months. I had to stop because I got a bit of a tan, and it only came in one color Smiley Sad

Another odd thing that Ive used is "syn-ake" venom cream. It is a synthetic snake venom cream. With regular use, it promises to tighten your face. Its like botox but more mild. I used the cream day and night under my eyes for about 2 months...and I must admit that my fine lines appeared to be less noticeable.

I have also used different types of cotton masks, or "essence" masks for example: kelp, honey, pearl, caviar, snail slime, syn-ake venom, and pumpkin. After I used them, my skin felt refreshed.

I must admit that Asian beauty products may seem a little weird to people in the West, but I feel that they actually do what they promise to Smiley Very Happy

i would like to try animal placenta as a facial, i heard its the fountain of youth. lol

Eewww. Well, not that ew in the general scheme of things. Not animal placenta, but I have read an article where the celebrity have their own placenta made into pill and take after childbirth. o.O.......I read their reasoning, I don't buy it, so I forgot.

The most obscure thing I've tried was an animal placenta hair mask. A ton of people I know swear by them and I did see an overall improvement in my hair...but it just grossed me out to know end knowing where the primary ingredient came from. Luckily the mask was scented which helped me in imaging something better on my hair.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • swfupload_5840884718213429899.jpg
  • swfupload_2106163720337082457.jpg