Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

WINTER SKIN/BODY/HAIRCARE DS TSB BOX

Treat yourself to some new winter finds without breaking the bank and join in the fun for another traveling trade box. This box will be full of winter care delights. Skin, body, and haircare products only with focus on DS and sample sized items. Deadline to sign up will be November 27th with the box moving the next day to get ahead of the holiday rush! 

Participation:

• US 48 residents.  
  • Trusted traders, previous box participants, gift exchange participants, and unicorn mailers may participate. Established community members who don't meet those requirement will be considered based on community participation. I want to be as fair and inclusive as possible but the new rankings make it difficult. 

Box details:

• Skincare, bodycare, haircare DS items only. FS only if it's an item requested and space allows.
  • Foil bag if space allows or you have foils that are requested by someone.
  • Do not put expired items in the box! There are many websites to check expiration.
  • If you are sending a liquid without a seal please kindly tape it closed. 
  • No used skincare or body care products.
  • Mark used haircare products.
  • Do not take all of one category from the box. Try to trade in and out within the same category as much as possible, IE: don't trade out all skincare and trade in all haircare items or don't trade out all of the face creams and not trade any in. Things don't have to be a perfect one to one ratio but be mindful of ensuring everyone has variety to enjoy. 
  • There are no reserves.
  • Mid/high end brands only, unless it’s an item someone has requested.
  • Please do not duplicate items unless someone is requesting that item.
  • Post your trades with PICTURES that clearly show what you are taking out and putting in.
  • You must have multiple approvals of the trade to ship, with the person ahead of you approving as well. Please make an effort to follow this thread and weigh in on trades.

Housekeeping:

• It is asked that your trades are posted within 2 days of receiving the box and that they are completed and the box is shipped within 4 days of receiving the box. Life happens and the holidays are hectic- it's ok if you need more time! Just make sure you communicate with the group and have a plan in place.
  • Provide shipping details within 1 day of shipping the box.
  • Items will be packed in a large flat rate box, must be shipped priority mail. Shipping is around $18, a little less if you use paypal. Please be prepared to pay for box shipping.
  • Ziploc bags will separate items by category. Please replace the Ziploc if it’s worn, and clean the items and replace the Ziploc if something leaks. Don’t replace ziplocs with makeup bags. If someone requests a specific makeup bag and you want to include it, please do so separately.
  • Extra ziplocs and stickers to mark items that are used will be included.
  • Pack the box snugly and wrap anything breakable in extra bubble wrap or paper. 
  • If the box is lost after you ship it, you will be responsible for starting a new box or to pay a $50 deposit to the organizer. Please ensure you can do one of these things if the box is lost.

Item value rules:

• Please trade within brand range. IE: don’t trade tarte for dior, trade tarte for stila instead. If you trade out high end skincare you must trade in high end skincare.
  • It is preferable to trade for the same size, but if you are going to trade outside of the item size please use the following ratios as a guideline: 1 DS = 10 foils. 1 FS = 5 DS. 
  • Calculations are not necessary when posting trades but if there appears to be a large discrepancy in values you may be asked to calculate the values of your trade. 
  • Add at least in value what you are taking out to ensure the participants after you have the same variety and experience you did. 

Participants/ISOs:

Imlostagain

itsfi

buggirl

• ISO: vintners daughter, christophe robin (and other hair masks and scrubs), oribe, NIOD, eve lom, jordan samuel, tata harper, farmacy, may lindstrom, drunk elephant, sunday riley

kelloua

scott1201

• ISO: morrocianoil products, josie maran body butter, and face masks

eshoe

• ISO: Sachajuan

fieldsofclover

• ISO: Farmacy, LXMI, Ren, Sol de Janeiro, Youth to the People, Le Labo, Briogeo, Marajo, Kora eye oil

lmaster

• ISO: Whole foods face masks, the Americano mask by HIDDENcos, origins masks, farmacy honey potion, tatcha,the ordinary buffet,coffee,cocoa masks, Sol de janeiro creams, and DE  c tango eye cream

snowflakefaerie?

CC3616

• ISO: glow recipe, hair masks (christophe robin, amika, LP), farmacy/florapy sheet masks, body butters/oils (too cool for school, josie maran), avene moisture mask, may lindstrom, kopari/herbivore body scrubs, rodial

Re: WINTER SKIN/BODY/HAIRCARE DS TSB BOX

I got the box back last week and just finally had time to tackle it today- there was so much stuff and lots of fun and exciting things! I can't wait to send it back out for everyone! I'd love everyones input on the next box, a mix of skincare/makeup, just skincare, etc. I also still have a lot of drugstore items I'm glad to donate to anyone who wants to do a drugstore box, it's just not an interest of mine. 

Some friendly housekeeping for anyone wishing to participate again 

• There were a lot of duplicates, 3 quart size baggies of them. There was 8 of one item! Duplicates are great if someone after you is ISO the item but if not they could take away space from variety or add to shipping costs. 
  • Some items were found in multiple places, I don't know what items but ie: 2 different bags with face creams, masks, etc (not the ones differentiating between lux and non-lux items). Keeping all items of a category together can help prevent the duplicate situation, alert to having enough of a product in the box (if there's a gallon size zip of something, we're probably maxed out on having enough ;)), and also adds to extra bags to ship taking up packaging space.. When I sorted everything back together with it's respective categories, there was over a dozen extra baggies! If you need to, don't be afraid to upgrade the size of the bag. 
  • Please make sure items are marked with stickers provided in the exchange. I had a couple items come back with stickers that were different than what was provided. I have to assume they are used and have to toss them. 

@CC3616 thank you so much for including me in this! I wou...

@CC3616 thank you so much for including me in this! I would like to be a part of a ds sample sized box that would include makeup 😊 whenever

Thank you @CC3616 for all the work you put into this box; it was so great to read about everyone's excitement and trades. I'm entering into a busy time at work that will keep me pretty tied up for the next few months so I will have to pass on participating in this next go round of the box. 

Thanks a million again for arranging all of this, @CC3616 ! I can only imagine how much communication and coordination goes into it - you’re a rock star!

I don’t think I’ll be able to participate in another box right now (maybe in the future, though!) due to work (I’m in the Philippines right now!) and a decluttered stash (hopefully staying like that...)

Once again, thank you so much for this experience!

Alright, friends, I have finally tackled the box. I couldn't figure out why I got so overwhelmed and sad when I tried to go through the box, but I realized it came in the day of the wake and I think my brain was just conflating the two things. So thanks everyone for being patient with me. I really appreciate it.

My ins are on the left and outs are on the right. I got really excited about the Tata Harper products and would love to try them all together, but I understand if people are not ok with me taking them all. I have to go to work now, but I can write out the products when I get home tonight.

@CC3616 @kelloua @buggirl @lmaster @imlostagain @itsfi @scott1201 @eshoe @fieldsofclover 

luxury face productsluxury face productsskin careskin carebody carebody caresheet masks and foilssheet masks and foilshair carehair care

Happy to see you @snoflakefaerie! Hugs to you 🤗🤗 

Trades look good to me! 

@snoflakefaerie no worries, we’ve been thinking about you and happy to see you. Trades look good and I’m ok with you taking the tata to try unless someone is opposed. Did you get the PM with my address?

Hey @CC3616  yes, I did, thank you! I think I have enough ok's so I'll mail it out on Monday!

@snoflakefaerie Trades look great! I think everyone understands! Happy you found items you want to try!

Awwwww @snoflakefaerie  so glad you're back! Hang in there! Everything looks great to me

Looks great to me as well!  Tata Harper doesn't personally work for me (a couple of those were things I put in) so I personally don't mind if you take them all, but also open to what others think.  I know we normally try to keep the box balanced and I try not to take all of something if it seems to be on someone's ISO list but I don't see anyone after you who wanted it.

HI, is the box still going?

yep @snoflakefaerie is having personal issues, idk if any...

yep @snoflakefaerie is having personal issues, idk if anybody has heard from her, but the box was delivered February 6 th @buggirl

Re: yep @snoflakefaerie is having personal issues, idk if any...

not a problem, I just had not heard anything.  Im sgill up for it if we wanted to make another pass around. 

Re: yep @snoflakefaerie is having personal issues, idk if any...

@buggirl I got the box back this weekend and finally finished sorting through today.. Would like to start a spring cycle up by the end of the month! I will do my best to remember to tag you

Hey friends, I'm still waiting for the box to get to me. I think the sub zero temps have delayed things. However, this weekend I had a friend pass away so I might be delayed myself on getting to the trades when the box does finally get to me. I'll try to post at least that it's been delivered safely so you all know. Thanks.

I'm so delayed in responding because I've been in a wedding planning trance - finally hitched and everything was lovely.  But wanted to say I am thinking of you. I've had a couple people sadly pass away in the last year so I get how debilitating grief can be.  Take care of yourself!

@snoflakefaerie so sorry for your loss hun!

@snoflakefaerie so sorry for your loss hun!

I am so sorry for your loss @snoflakefaerie. Hugs and love to you right now😔

@snoflakefaerie I saw your post on the galentines day thread. TY for the heads up but please no rush, take the time you need to be with your friends and I'm so sorry for your loss. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • E86F7475-E1D8-43E4-8BA5-2F0A7C0BDB41.jpeg
  • EEEB4DBC-1088-471C-A0AF-7878176A0C17.jpeg
  • BA4A526E-3038-4A27-8670-029C7E747A78.jpeg
  • 073FE366-AA6A-4414-9A1C-34F3996FD3F5.jpeg
  • 4DF484EB-6375-4A8E-A6D6-7324BB31FA73.jpeg
  • 923AE979-1A62-4C99-B708-543396468408.gif
  • Left: Proposed Outs; Right: Proposed Ins
  • TBS 1 of 3.PNG
  • Left: Proposed Outs; Right: Proposed Ins