Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

WEAR SPF!!!!! What are your favorite SPF products?

just a reminder to wear your SPF. those UV rays will catch up to you! my current favs are my origins moisturizer with SPF40 and my Peter Thomas Roth mineral SPF brush thingy for on the go!

Re: WEAR SPF!!!!! What are your favorite SPF products?

I've been using the innisfree daily UV protection cream mild SPF PA++ 35 everyday and I love it- feels smooth on my skin and doesn't have that horrible sunscreen smell. Also, my daily bb cushion is the Missha Magic Cushion which has SPF 50 so I usually just wear that instead. 

I'm loving Coola's Matte Tint SPF 30 right now. It's a physical sunscreen that blends in and doesn't leave a white cast. The product looks yellow but leaves no color on my face. I have dry skin and it's a lil drying after many applications but the best I've found. 

I also like Colorescience powder for application over makeup, but it's hard for me to tell how much to use and it looks a bit orangey if I put a lot on. 

RE: WEAR SPF!!!!! What are your favorite SPF products?

If you like the new white tea spf by origins i feel like you would really enjoy the spf mega bright moisturizer. The scent is more orangy delicious with the megabright and I feel like the product is less greasy.

These are the SPF products that I have tried and enjoyed using on my combination skin:

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+: fast absorbing with a matte finish

Tatcha Silken sunscreen SPF 35+: leaves my skin with a silky, smooth texture almost like a primer AmorePacific Resort Collection Sun Cushion SPF 30+: light texture, more of a dewy finish

The best value for money and great for everyday use IMO would be the Biore. 

Personal favorites for face: 

- OHui Sun Science Perfect Sun Black SPF50 +++

- Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ (+waterproof, for swimming) 

- Shiseido Anessa Mild Face Sunscreen SPF46

Favorites for body: 

- Supergoop Everyday SPF50 

- Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF50+  (+waterproof, for swimming) 

And for lake & sea swimming, any non-irritating biodegradable SPF spray. 

I love Shiseido for my face. Its so lightweight and feels good to use. Even my sunscreen averse husband will wear it!

For body I looooove Supergoop. I've tried the oil, the spray, and the mouse formulas and they are all amazing. The mouse formula is so moisturizing and smells great. My skin never looked better!

For my face, I rotate between Bare Minerals Prep Step if I want a more priming lotion, or Drunk Elephant and Tarte Guard. They are all mineral sunscreens which I like. I've had some weird reactions to sunscreens the last few years, so I'm a bit cautious now. For touch ups during the day, I'm trying out the Super Goop Defense Refresh spray. So far, I haven't had any reactions to it. I really love the way it smells and the ease with which it sprays.

I'm going on vacation and am trying out Cotz Sensitive for the first time. We'll see how it goes!

I use Biore's watery essence everyday and its SO great! Not sticky, no white cast, and dries down quickly. And its SPF 50, so it gives great protection

Oh totally forgot to mention my favorite body sunscreen! Trader Joe's Nourish Spray Sunscreen is seriously some of the best spray-on sunscreen I've tried. It smells great, isn't too greasy and it got ranked as one of the best SPFs this year. And it's cheap to boot

Bare minerals have a sunscreen spf 50 that's mineral based and light weight. It has zinc and titanium

Thank you! I will go take a look!

Thank you! I will go take a look!

I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, so I just use plain old banana boat for now. If anyone has any recommendations for a light weight (50spf) physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide/ zinc oxide), I'm all ears! It's extremely hard to avoid, since everyone insists on putting it lotions, and foundations. I wish they would just let us decide what sunscreen to put on underneath.

I love Clinique's Broad Spectrum SPF50. It is exactly as it is described.  It plays extremely well with makeup. Lightweight and invisible. I have repeatedly purchased this since it's launch several years ago.  

What it is:
An ultra-lightweight, virtually invisible 100 percent mineral sunscreen offering SPF 50 protection.

s1809383-main-grid.jpg

My go-to for price and personal skin-friendliness is the Neutrogena Dry Touch line. It keeps me from getting super shiny, feels good on, and I haven't had a problem with it clogging up my face. Also the bottle size is nice to chuck in my bag.

After extensive testing, I'm so pleased that I finally found a sunscreen for my face that doesn't trigger my perioral dermatitis! The Dr JART Every Sun Day UV Sun Fluid! I can wear it every day without any irritation.

For my body I like to use Sun Bum. It smells sweet (like bananas) and really helps keep me pale haha.

http://www.sephora.com/every-sun-day-uv-sun-fluid-broad-spectrum-spf-30-P407385?skuId=1800002

Face: I like using Sonya Dakar Daily Shield SPF 30 if I'm not going to spend a lot of time out in the sun and Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion WetForce SPF 50+ when I'm going to be spending a lot of time outdoors.

Body: I use Goop Everyday Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 if I'm not covered up. 

I have a few favorites. Coola spf 30 and supergoop spf 50 mousse also the tatcha pore perfecting spf 35
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • s1809383-main-grid.jpg
testing