Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Volition Celery And YTTP Kale

Has anyone tried both and have some insight to share? I am curious about the VOLITION BEAUTY - Celery Green Cream with Hyaluronic Acid + Peptides and 1/2 way through my Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL

so itโ€™s time to buy a backup or try something new. Since the sale is coming up I thought Iโ€™d throw it out there. The YTTP never causes pilling, which is the one thing that separates it from every other light-weight gel/cream moisturizer Iโ€™ve used. Wondering how the Volition works under a silicone primer (summer so Iโ€™m using COOLA - Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tint). 

Volition Celery And YTTP Kale

@eshoe I have this on my love list to try!!

Re: Volition Celery And YTTP Kale

Canโ€™t wait to hear about it, @lmaster...I donโ€™t imagine it will stay there too long๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha!! @eshoe I've been pretty good at no impulse buys,,, and I'm running out of room here ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've told myself I have to use what I have first ( with certain products ๐Ÿ˜‰)

@eshoe  I havenโ€™t tried the Volition cream yet, but itโ€™s on my โ€œget an in-store sampleโ€ list. I did check the ingredients to see if it can fill any gaps in my skincare routine and/or provide something YTTP Superfood canโ€™t. (Itโ€™s fairly easy to compare both moisturizers at a site like INCI Decoder.) YTTP has more antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, and 2 forms of hyaluronic acid. Volition has 2 peptides, a single form of HA (a different one than YTTP has), apple extract, and lactic acid. So... do I need the Volition cream? Probably not. But I wanna test all of the things! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I also scanned for skin irritants in the Volition cream. Lavender extract is right in the middle of its ingredient list. Hmm... my face is okay with some fragrances, but lavendarโ€™s kinda iffy. I wish it was much lower on the list. I still want to try this moisturizer, though. 

If you try the Volition Celery Green Cream, I look forward to your review! 

Quick note (okay, rant) about YTTP Superfoodโ€™s packaging and vitamin C: 

Spoiler
I sincerely hope anyone who uses this moisturizer has moved it from its clear jar to a better containerโ€”ideally, an airless vacuum pump jar. The form of vitamin C it contains is ascorbic acid which is very sensitive to air and light exposure. Lots of ingredients in this cream are also air and light sensitive, but especially that one. Itโ€™s kind of a hassle to move the product to a different container as fast as possible (to minimize air exposure), in as dark or dimly lit a room as possible (to minimize light exposure), but itโ€™s worthwhile to reduce degradation of some of this creamโ€™s star ingredients. 

Iโ€™m going to complain about YTTPโ€™s packaging until they change it, because itโ€™s ridiculously bad for their products. Why would you put any product containing vitamin C in a clear jar? Cโ€™mon man. 

Thank you for sharing your insight, @WinglessOne.

Lots to consider here, starting with the YTTP jar. I have an empty La La pump jar; I hadnโ€™t considered the issue about the vitamin C. I just...use it๐Ÿ˜‚ though it is in a dark medicine cabinet. Hmmm. I need to sit on this one some more, takes me about 4-5 months to get through a jar, and it sounds like it might be losing efficacy in those months.

I wonder about the scent on the Volition, if the lavender influenced it. Iโ€™ve tried products where it doesnโ€™t (at all) and others that do bring some slight irritation due to it. I highly doubt Iโ€™m going to find another love like the YTTP, and Iโ€™m totally ok with that. I guess I will need to test it out to see how my skin works with it. I will tag you when I do, @WinglessOne.

@eshoe  YTTP Superfood is the reason I bought airless pump jars in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Once my skin approved it (weeks of great results and no bad reactions) and I knew itโ€™d be my daily moisturizer, I decided to protect the ingredients since YTTP chose not to. Various ingredients (in any brandโ€™s products) are air and/or light sensitive; looking them up is a worthwhile effort, especially if you shop for pricey jarred products. Volitionโ€™s celery cream also shouldnโ€™t be in a traditional jar. If I bought that, Iโ€™d move it to an airless pump jar. 

I care less about introducing bacteria or other productsโ€™ ingredients via fingers to jarred products, but thatโ€™s also a valid concern. Using a spatula solves that issue but likely increases the time the jarโ€™s open during each use, creating more air and light exposure. 

And really, any skincare products containing vitamin C shouldnโ€™t be in clear packaging, or in containers that allow air exposure. I love YTTP but they kill me with their packaging. Their vitamin C serumโ€™s in a clear glass bottle! ๐Ÿ˜ก That product is a total waste unless you move it to a better container. 

Well now I suppose I will need to migrate my YTTP @WinglessOne. I use the little spatula but hadnโ€™t considered the vitamin C. Which...really curious now why the serum isnโ€™t in a dark or opaque bottle. So now youโ€™ve got me thinking about way more than what I came here for๐Ÿ˜‚ 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing