Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

CommunityPost_2-01.png

Re: Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

@GG84@Volition, I love using ACV as hair rinse too. I dilute it with thyme water, and it is fantastic for shine and cutting grease.

I also use it as a facial toner sometimes, diluted with orange blossom water, although I'm not a big fan of the smell. It does feel like it smooths my skin down.

This is such a good tip! We usually cut the scent with essential oils but we will have to give herbal water a try!

@pocketvenus curious about your thyme water. I make thyme vinegar for cooking but have never considered it for personal beauty use (though one of my favorite sheet masks has it as one of its primary ingredients).

@eshoe, I'm not sure it's the same ingredient? The thyme water I use is a floral water from a bottle like rose water. This isn't the brand I use but it looks kind of like this

I think it's a by-product of extracting the essential oil of the plant? I can only find it in specialty grocery stores but there are so many different kinds 🙂 Mint water and ACV might be a good combo too

Apple-mint, reminds me of the Laneige, @pocketvenus. I’ve used orange-blossom water in the past, as well as Rosewater (probably most have). I usually think in terms of infused oil, not water. 

@eshoe, yes it's a bit harder to find the herbal waters, but there are all sorts and combos too 🙂 In the store I go to, there are health ailments listed for each water although I can't remember any. I think my favourite, orange blossom water, is for curing somnambulism or something like that!

ooooooo @GG84 @eshoe this sounds wonderful! I'd definitel...

ooooooo @GG84 @eshoe this sounds wonderful! I'd definitely want to try it!!

Ooh, I didn’t know skin and hair share the same pH, @GG84! A splash mask would be good, you are right;)

I haven’t been brave enough to try it DIY, but I know some other BICers on the masking thread have, @Volition. It is intriguing and I know it offers some amazing benefits! @Aaliaa @itsfi@lmaster@Shosh85@bakeamuffin@yankeefaithful @Lazybeautybeast@Kim888@KrishAtl

Thank you for tagging your community! After all of these helpful tips and tricks, maybe you will give DIY a try!

Thanks for the tag @eshoe!! I've never used Apple Cider Vinegar for beauty @Volition, but have used for other health issues like sinus and gastric. I love the Prismatic Illuminating Shield,  so I'd be very interested in any new product you develop using Apple Cider Vinegar. Look forward to seeing what it is!!😊

It means so much to us that you love our Prismatic Luminizing Shield! Stay tuned for our take on ACV.

You’re welcome, @yankeefaithful! I’m excited to see this in action😉

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • CommunityPost_2-01.png
testing