Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

CommunityPost_2-01.png

Re: Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

We also love using ACV for our scalps! Add some essential oils to cut the smell.

@Volition I used to do a shot of ACV in room temp water each morning, but didn't really find it was making a difference so I stopped. I DO, however, mix my Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask with ACV instead of water and really love the results. I feel like it really helps the clay sink into my pores more than water alone.

This is such a great idea to resurface and remove impurities! Thank you for sharing this tip!

@caityg520I'll have to try this when mixing my next clay mask 🙂

Thank you for the tag @eshoe! I haven't really tried apple cider vinegar as a beauty hack but I have definitely heard about the benefits in general! I don't tend toward the super diy beauty but it's something I would be interested in trying if it were prepackaged with instructions haha 

DIY isn't for everyone! Stay tuned for something exciting.

Yes, @Kim888, I've had my share of DIY fails, I am all in for a remedy that's already formulated! 😉

OH....HOW FUN! Thanks for the tag @eshoe

@Volition In the past, I have primarily used ACV as a hair mask and rinse. I love the results...except my hair did smell pretty strong (at least to me) while it was wet (when I used straight ACV that is). I think I tried it as a toner before too and softened my skin. Like others, I have used it internally for health issues. 

I would be interested in a hair and/ or face mask or scrub. Maybe a toner or facial cleanser as well.

Thank you for your thoughts! We're working on something special. Stay tuned!

RE: Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

I’ve never used it in skincare, however I’d be curious to try! I recently reviewed the Tumeric body polish & I LOVE IT! If this brand can make ACV work for skin AND hair, it would be a miracle product! I’ve heard it helps with thinning? Anyone know anything about how ACV & hair works? Your input would be much appreciated!

Re: RE: Volition Beauty wants your opinion on Apple Cider Vinegar!

We're so thrilled to hear you love our Turmeric Body Polish! 

We suggest using Apple Cider Vinegar as a hair/scalp rinse by mixing it with water to use after shampooing and conditioning. Pour the mixture in your hair and work it into your scalp, let it sit for a couple of minutes to let it work its magic, then rinse!

I've used ACV as a hair rinse to make my hair more shiny, and I've also used it after a specialty massage. Basically you use a whole gallon of ACV in with your bath water. It's supposed to help pull out impurities in your body. You were supposed to sit in the tub for about a half hour. IDK if it pulled impurities out of my body, but it did something as I received these massages right before my wedding when I was stressed to the hilt (it was called the pfrimmer technique). Would be interested to see it's application in skin care @Volition

We love this tip! Thank you for sharing with the community!

ACV has many interesting uses in skincare, hair care and health care as well. Since it contains acetic acid and malic acid it can be used as a exfoliating toner. Along with the exfoliating properties, ACV has antioxidant properties which reduce the amount of free radicals on the skin. The antioxidants included in ACV are : acetic acid, catechins, gallic acid and caffeic acid. ACV is also beneficial for acne sufferers since it can kill certain bacteria strains, removes excess dirt and oil. It also seems to have anti-aging properties because it contains flavonoids, quercetin, catechins and carotenoids ( source of vitamin A ) . It’s used as a hair rinse since it seals the hair fibers so that hair can retain moisture after using a hydrating shampoo. It has been used in my mother’s family for 3 generations now for hair, as a DYI toner and for other health benefits. I’m sure that ACV can and should be used in a mainstream way without extensive preparations such as an already prepared product like Volition Beauty is presently working on. I would love to be able to try this up and coming product which will surely be CLEAN like the other Volition Beauty products that are available. 

Thank you for sharing this insightful information! 

As always, we are clean beauty so you can be sure that all of our future products will be clean as well!

@keana1thank you for sharing all this information ❤️

Thank you so much for your insight, @keana1! I personally haven’t used it for beauty/health reasons so for now am relying on other’s knowledge👍🏼😊

My grandmother used to take ACV orally everyday, back then it wasn’t in capsule form ! Now that it’s in a more palatable form, both my mom and I take it every day. There’s always a bottle of the liquid form at our disposal, either for vinaigrettes, marinating meat, as a hair rinse and other DIY things @eshoe ! 

I cook with it, my husband drinks it, @keana1! I think I remember our thread leader using it to exfoliate once but it wasn’t the best experience. Hoping she will weigh in!

@eshoe I wouldn’t drink it, it would be too acidic for my taste, but it’s fine in capsule form ! I hope that she’s not sick again! 🤞🏼

@Volition@keana1

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • CommunityPost_2-01.png
testing