Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Vitamin C

Looking for a new vitamin c serum. I’ve tried the la roche posey and cerave but haven’t been able to see a difference. 

Tags:

Re: Vitamin C

I’ve been using The Ordinary Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL for over a year and I really like it.

@gingah24  How long did you use both of those vitamin C serums? Visible results can take 2-6 months to see (assuming the results you're after are brighter skin and/or less visible hyperpigmentation), so patience is key. 

I've been inconsistently testing Wander Beauty Sight C-er which contains an oil-soluble form of ascorbic acid (ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate). Theoretically, an oil-soluble form of vitamin C can penetrate deep enough into the skin to do its job, compared to other forms. I can't say for certain that Sight C-er's made a noticeable difference in my hyperpigmentation because 1) I haven't used it consistently enough and 2) I also use other products/ingredients (retinaldehyde, azelaic acid, kojic acid, etc.) to balance my skin tones. But if you've given those 2 ascorbic acid serums you mentioned enough time to do their work, then you may want to consider a product that contains an oil-soluble form of vitamin C instead. 

@gingah24 I see a difference in my skin when I use Paula's Choice Antioxidant Pore Purifier.  It has Vitamin C, and other antioxidants in it.  I'm also very curious to try their Power Berry Serum.  

They have Paula's Choice C15 Vitamin C Super Booster 0.67 oz/ 20 mL for sale at Sephora.  I liked it well enough, but it oxidized too quickly.

@faeriegirl This is intriguing to me.  I like that it's in an airtight package - b/c so many Vitamin C products aren't!  I never considered using caffeine on my whole face, though.  What is is like?

@greeneyedgirl107  It really helps with puffiness. 

@faeriegirl I guess that's what I'm leery of.  I'm fortunate that I don't have too much puffiness.  Would this product somehow leave me at a disadvantage if I really don't "need" the caffeine element?  Also, I apply my usual Vitamin C at night before my retinoid.  Do you think that'd be a mistake?  For some reason it kinds sounds like a bad idea.  Oh how I wish you could customize products - like, give me the Vitamin C but leave out the caffeine!

@greeneyedgirl107  I’m not sure how it would do with retinol at the same time. I use the vitamin c in the morning and then I use retinol at night. I do use the YTTP unity exfoliant in the morning before vitamin c and they work well together.

@faeriegirl Thanks for the info!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing