cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Vitamin C and Niacinamide

Hey guys!

I've been using the ordinary's niacinmade and zinc serum religiously but every time I put on my mosturizer + sunscreen from juice beauty or my vitamin c mosturizer my skin starts peeling or little white stuff is rubbing off it from the skincare, what do I do?

Re: Vitamin C and Niacinamide

Hi! The same thing happened to me when I started using Ordinary products. Then I did some research on their website (theordinary.deciem.com) and learned that niacinamide and vitamin c can't be used at the same time. You should use them at alternate times, one in AM, other in PM. 

If you're using any Ordinary products, I suggest checking their site first to see what the product conflicts are. 

The section on their website is under Guides, Regimen Guide, Formulation by Category, choose the product your want to know about under Step 1, then change Step 2 to Conflicts. 

It also tells you when to use the product, what regimen step it should be, etc. 

Hope that helps! Good luck

Hi! Can I use Niacinamide (specifically FAB niacinamide dark spot serum) after my Caudalie purifying toner?? @danielledanielle 

@stefie14 , I am not wholly sure as I haven't used those specific items.  I think waiting for the niacinamide to dry before applying the toner is your best bet.  I use Hyper Clear in the AM followed by Peace Out Salicylic Acid Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL .  I usually wait a bit before applying the peace out serum.

@Lakshita1614 ,

Pretty much pigging back on @Loretta55  and @KadiaW ,

Usually when I see piling, it's usually vitamin C or salicylic acid not getting along with one of my more emollient items (primer that has silicone base, thick moisturizer, foundation, etc).  So if you know you have the combo happening, try to space out your routine because waiting for it to dry is key.  I also still go from lightest to heaviest and gently press into skin with the heavy items.  Pressing gently with a sponge for foundation (if wearing) also really helps not disturb makeup underneath.

I read an article @Lakshita1614 on line which stated that most people are apply niacinamide  incorrectly. The proper way to apply Niacinamide is to apply to dry face after cleansing and wait 10 minutes before applying additional serums and moisturizers.

Hey! I use that serum too and this happens to me sometimes. I find that if I wait longer for is to absorb into my skin, it don’t pill as much! It can also help to do more of a tapping motion than a rubbing motion while applying products.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing