Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Using both Dr. Dennis Gross Peel and Drunk Elephant TLC Babyface Sukari?

I just tried some Extra Strength sample peels from Dr. Dennis Gross which has made my skin smooth so I was thinking of buying the Gentle formula for me. But I actually just ordered a Drunk Elephant TLC Baby Face Sukari mask 3 days ago.. cos I had tried that sample earlier. Because of the sale, is it worth it to buy the Dr. Dennis Gross (daily use) when I will be using the Drunk Elephant AHA+BHA mask once weekly. I cannot use both products right? I could buy and store for later use I guess provided these cloth peels have an extended shelf life into 2022.

Any advice?

Re: Using both Dr. Dennis Gross Peel and Drunk Elephant TLC Babyface Sukari?

Hi @trishna87 I would echo @haleyvvvv‘s suggestion to use DDG as a peel mid-week because that’s what I do. But I rotate between DDG peels and DE Framboos serum.

The Babyfacial (one of my fave’s) is for once a week use but it’s helpful to have a more gentle mid-week exfoliation.

Re: Using both Dr. Dennis Gross Peel and Drunk Elephant TLC Babyface Sukari?

Definitely don't use them on the same day, @trishna87. You could, thereoretically use both during your week though. Using the DE once a week and the DDG pads on other days you exfoliate.

It depends on your skins tolerance and what works best for you skin. For example, my skin is sensitive, and using the extra strength pads 2-3× a week with a strong acid peel would probably be too much weekly. But if you've built up to exfoliating every other day with similar strength AHAs, then using the DDG pads instead of those other exfoliators could work. 

If you wanted, since your skin handles well the baby facial could be to use the DE weekly for a few months, then add one peel pad a week and build up a tolerance to them if it serves your skin. Keep in mind the peel pads also have a ton of other actives, including retinols and salicylic acid, so you'll need to balance you skincare there as well. With exfoliation it's always best to go low and slow. 

If you can, discussing with a derm if you can is also a good idea!!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing